eight

baekhyun's lunch time wasn't even as bad as expected. he talked to kyungsoo and chen, lay and sehun seemed to be okay too. he ignored the looks chanyeol gave him and only paid attention to kyungsoo who was sitting next to him.

"by the way, does your history class also have to do that project thing?" the boy suddenly asked.

"yeah, I need to inform about colonization" baekhyun answered.

"we have to inform about colonization" chanyeol corrected him.

"oh, are you two in a group? you're lucky, I have to work with a boy called donghyuck and he seems not to like me a lot."

chanyeol grinned.

"yes, we're very lucky."

baekhyun shot him a death glare and aggressively attacked the noodles in front of him with his chopsticks. kyungsoo patted his shoulder.

"stop stabbing them, baek. what did they do wrong?"

"oh, nothing. but I just imagined doing that to someone and I can't do that right now so I have to let it out to my noodles. sorry, guys" he apologized to his noodles.

chanyeol shook his head because it was way too obvious that baekhyun was talking about him. but chen only laughed.

"I feel sorry for that person" he said.

baekhyun nodded and stuffed the food into his mouth. he was hungrier than he had expected to be and he had to admit that chanyeol had been right at least once.
all the boys finished their lunch. baekhyun and chanyeol had to go to maths class now and the others had chemistry and p.e. they put their trays back to where they were supposed to be and left the canteen. baekhyun couldn't see his friends anywhere so he guessed that they had already gone.

"you coming?" chanyeol called baekhyun who was still looking for suho, xiumin and kai.

"who told you to wait for me?" he asked because the other four boys were nowhere to be seen.

"nobody. I just felt like doing it."

"tell your feelings to shut up then."

chanyeol smiled but it didn't reach his eyes and they stayed sad, cold and black. if baekhyun only knew how much he wished to be able to do that.
he didn't like baekhyun.
he was annoying, disrespectful and weird.
but still he wanted to be close to him, see him or even touch him.
chanyeol didn't like the way those feelings controlled him at all.
he was jealous of the people baekhyun smiled at, jealous of those he was with and those he talked to. he didn't want to feel this way but he couldn't stop.
baekhyun pushed the tall guy to the side because he was in his way and he didn't want to be late for maths. chanyeol could smell his scent and his side which had been touched by baekhyun in order to get him out of his way burned like fire.
baekhyun didn't seem to realize any of those things but chanyeol felt them.
they couldn't be an imagination.
but what were they?
he didn't know.
but he couldn't think about that now, he had to go to class. baekhyun had already walked a few meters but chanyeol managed to catch up with him. he didn't say anything since he didn't want to be pushed away again because he annoyed the older boy.
baekhyun enjoyed the silence as they walked to class but he started being suspicious when chanyeol also stayed quiet during the whole lesson. he even did all the given exercises without complaining.
what was wrong with him?
chanyeol immediately got up from his seat and left the room when the bell rang. without even looking at baekhyun.
the brown haired boy was confused.
what had happened?

meanwhile chanyeol left the school and walked through the busy city of seoul. the thoughts inside of his head felt like a thunderstorm and he didn't know what to do next. he turned right and followed a path which led through the park next to han river. he saw two little girls playing with a puppy and a boy reading a book although it was cold.
everything looked so peaceful.
why couldn't his daily life be like that too?
he walked next to the river and looked at the high buildings on the other side of it. everything seemed to be peaceful and calm on the outside and the cold breeze was nothing compared to the storm inside of chanyeol.
he continued walking and turned left when he arrived at an intersection. he suddenly knew where he wanted to go. he went to the train station, took the next train and got off it about fifteen minutes later. he had to walk for a few more minutes until he arrived at a big gate.
cemetery of seoul was engraved in the grey stone above his head. he walked through the gate. he took one of the paths without even really looking where he was going. he would've found the way with his eyes closed because he came here almost every week. he finally arrived at the grave he had been wanting to go to.