six

baekhyun left class at 02:55pm and made his way to the principal's office. he knocked on the door and went in after the principal had told him to do so.

"hello, mr. byun" he greeted.
"too bad that you already have to be here on your second day."

baekhyun only nodded since he was afraid that something inpolite would slip out if he opened his mouth. he hadn't done anything bad, chanyeol had beaten him up!

"I've already talked to chanyeol" the principal continued.

"he's also got detention and he knows about the consequences in case that something like that happens again."

"okay, that's good. but why do I have detention too? I'm the one who's hurt!"

"a fight is created by two people. you were both involved in it so you both have detention."

that didn't really make sense to baekhyun but he didn't want to get into more trouble so he kept his mouth shut.

"alright. I understand."

he didn't but nevermind.
the principal nodded.

"you can go to room 27 then. you can do your homework or study but you're not allowed to leave before 4.20pm or use your phone."

"okay. I'll get going then."

"okay. goodbye."

baekhyun left the principal's office and went to room 27. he opened the door and -
no.
nonono.
he should've known it.
or at least expected. why did he have to have detention with chanyeol?
and why did nobody else have detention so he was at least not alone with him?
he wanted to turn around and run away but he couldn't do that. he'd just stand this and go home afterwards. and he could be proud of himself then because he had faced this situation. he sat down as far away from chanyeol as possible but he felt watched all the time. he tried to ignore it and took his homework out of his bag because he wanted to do something useful and not waste time. he heard that chanyeol walked over and clenched his fists so much that he was afraid his pencil might break.

"so you don't even want to say hello?"

baekhyun sighed and and looked at him.

"hello."

he continued to write down his results for one of the tasks.

"are you serious?"

"you wanted me to say hello and I did. what's the matter?"

"the matter my ass. why are you so annoying?"

"well, I don't know actually. but you're also annoying so don't complain."

"provocative as always" chanyeol said and sat down next to him.

"whatever. and go away."

"and what if I don't?"

"says the one who called me provocative. but I think I'll just go to a different table."

he took his things and went to a table on the other side of the room. he really tried to follow suho's advice but chanyeol didn't make it easy for him. he followed him and sat down next to baekhyun again.
baekhyun put his head on the table and sighed.

"what the heck is wrong with you? why don't you just let me do my homework and leave me alone?"

"you could just do your homework."

baekhyun was about to scream because he was so annoyed but he tried to stay calm.

"no. I can't. it distracts me if you stalk me all the time."