nine

baekhyun rang the door bell and waited until a small grey haired woman opened the door.

"baekhyun darling, long time no see! how are you, sweetie?"

his grandmother hugged him and patted his head.

"hey, grandma. it's so nice to see you again. I'm fine and how about you?"

"I'm okay. shall we get going?"

baekhyun nodded and his grandmother got her jacket from the big wooden wardrobe.

"I'm ready, let's go. do you have the flowers?"

"of course, they're in the car."

"thank you, sweetie."

they got in the car and baekhyun started the engine. the ride was only about ten minutes long (so not a long ass ride, nctzens are you there?) and baekhyun's grandmother used the time to attack him with hundreds of questions.

"do you eat enough, honey? you look so skinny."

"I do, grandma. don't worry."

"what about the boys? have you finally found the right one?"

his grandmother was the only family member who accepted him for being gay and baekhyun was very grateful for that. he shook his head.

"no, I haven't. I'll probably stay single forever."

his grandmother ruffled his hair.

"of course you won't. you're so lovely."

baekhyun smiled although he couldn't agree with her. his grandmother was always so sweet and caring.
baekhyun parked the car and they both got off. they boy took bouquet of flowers out of the trunk before locking the car.

"do you have an umbrella with you?" he asked his grandmother.

"it looks like it's about to rain."

the woman nodded.

"I do. let's go before it starts to rain."

they walked down the street and went through a huge gate. they took one of the paths and walked for a while. but baekhyun suddenly froze when he saw a person kneeling down in front of one of the graves and who looked quite familiar to him.

"what's wrong, baek?"

"oh, I think that's just a boy from my school over there."

his grandmother nodded.

"are you friends? why don't you talk to him?"

baekhyun shrugged.

"yeah, I could do that."

he went towards chanyeol and his grandmother followed him. baekhyun coughed awkwardly but he had no oter choice than talking to the boy since his grandmother would start wondering what's wrong otherwise.

"uhm... hey, chanyeol" baekhyun said and waited for a reaction.

that was when he noticed that the tall boy's body was trembling because he was silently crying. he didn't make a sound but baekhyun could see tears streaming down his face as he came closer.
baekhyun felt weird.
it would be better to leave chanyeol alone but he somehow couldn't turn away and leave him alone. he placed one hand on his shoulder.

"hey, chanyeol. can we help you?"

chanyeol finally recognized the boy and the woman behind him and wiped his face.

"oh, hey" he said with a shaky voice.

baekhyun was confused.
was that really the chanyeol who teased him and drove him crazy at school?
unbelievable.
to make everything even better baekhyun felt rain drops on his face because it started raining. suddenly baekhyun's grandmother spoke.