twenty-six

baekhyun checked his phone over and over again.

what was he supposed to do?

it was almost five o'clock, so he only had about one hour left to call chanyeol's mother.

why did she even want him to go to the hospital in the first place?

it's not like he was able to change anything about the situation her son was in, right?

but he had to do something.

he couldn't just stay in his apartment and do nothing when his boyfriend was in hospital.
that wasn't possible.

but if he went to the hospital to see whether he was okay, wouldn't that be very awkward for both of them?
it would at least not be comfortable for sure.

but did that even really matter?

if chanyeol's mother told him to come with her because she thought that it was important that he did so, shouldn't he go without hesitating?

why was he even waiting for so long?

he sighed and unlocked his phone.

05:03.

he opened the LINE app and looked for the chatroom with kyungsoo.
he was the only one he could talk to about this situation because none of his other friends knew about his relationship with chanyeol or the fight.

LINE

byunnbaekhyunn
hey, soo. do you have
some time for me? I need
your help

his friend replied only a few seconds later.

LINE

luckyone.do
of course I do. what's
the matter, baek?

byunnbaekhyunn
ugh, it's a long story. can
I call you or are you
somewhere where that's
inconvenient?

luckyone.do
nope, I'm at home
you can call me

baekhyun left the chat and pressed the call button instead.

"hey, baekhyun. what's up? what do you need me to help you with?"

the brown haired boy ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath before he started talking.

"okay, listen. it's not such a long story but it's kind of confusing and it doesn't really make sense."

"okay, I'm listening carefully" kyungsoo assured.

"so... I guess you remember the fight chanyeol and I had when we were in busan? when we went ice-skating and he nearly killed you."

"he didn't kill me, baek. calm down and tell me what the main problem is so that I am able to help you."

"still, he was reckless back then so I was very mad at him. we haven't talked in a while."

"yeah, I noticed that. not only I did, everyone did. you might have never recognized it but chanyeol always looked at you in a special way. I often had the impression that he didn't care about anything or anyone around him but when looking at you, his eyes lit up and one could see a tiny smile playing around his lips. you might have had the feeling that he hated you but I guess he didn't want to admit that he was attracted to you. not even to himself. sounds like a shitty cliché story but I'm sure it's true. and after the fight... you two seemed pretty clingy back in busan, even when you weren't in physical contact. like two halves of a circle. especially chanyeol. but over the past week you two have clearly been avoiding each other. you both might pretend to be okay but it's obvious that you're not. so if there's anything I can help you with, please tell me and I'll do my best."