eighteen

"oof, why is this so heavy?" baekhyun murmured when he carried his suitcase out of his apartment.
"I should've probably let some clothes here... but you never know what the weather will be like so nevermind."

he smiled. the last word reminded him of chanyeol. they had fought about it and after that -
they had kissed for the first time.
he didn't want to think about it that much since they weren't a couple or something like that and a big part of him still didn't want to admit that he somehow liked the tall boy.

he sighed and checked whether he had all his needed belongings and locked the door before making his way to the train station. he usually preferred going to school by car because he wasn't really good at dealing with too many people early in the morning but he didn't want to leave his car at the school for a whole week so he decided to take the train today.

the train station was crowded as expected and also it was also quite noisy so he took his headphones out of his backpack to listen to music. baekhyun went to platform 7 and luckily his train arrived a few minutes later. it was the eleventh of november and he felt really cold although he was wearing his coat, a hat and a scarf.
he got off the train at the station near his school and walked to the bus station mr. hills had told them to go to. most of the students were already there so it took baekhyun some time to find his friends. he greeted all of them with a hug.

"mr. hills told us to get together in our groups because it's easier to check whether everyone is here and we'll also sit together on the bus" kai said.

baekhyun nodded.

"alright. have you seen kyungsoo or chanyeol?"

suho shook his head but xiumin nodded.

"they're over there I think" he said and pointed to his left.

"thank you. see you later, guys!"

"see you then" his friends answered and baekhyun walked away to find the two boys.

chanyeol stood next to kyungsoo, a huge black bag in front of him. he was wearing all black again like almost every day.
black sneakers, black skinny jeans, an oversized black hoodie, a black face mask and a black cap which made him look even more intimidating than just because of his height and the dark eyes.
chanyeol tried to find baekhyun in the crowd but the brown haired boy was nowhere to be seen.
he hated it when people were late.
it made him angry.
but when baekhyun didn't arrive on time... he was just worried.
he grew more and more impatient and anxious but he tried hard not to let it show. he didn't want everyone to know how much he cared about baekhyun.

especially not kyungsoo.

he didn't really have a problem with the boy but he wouldn't let anyone get in his way when it came to baekhyun.
chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts when kyungsoo started jumping and waving. he looked in the same direction as him and felt relieved when he saw baekhyun walking towards them. slowly because he had a big suitcase with him.
chanyeol nervously licked his lips at the sight of him. the brown haired boy looked absolutely adorable.
as always but still.
especially the round glasses were giving chanyeol a hard time.

"hey, guys. what's up?" baekhyun said and hugged kyungsoo which probably made a certain tall boy next to him a little jealous.

"nothing much. but I'm so cold, I hope the bus will be here soon" kyungsoo whined.

baekhyun pinched his cheeks and smiled.

"don't worry, it will arrive in a few minutes and it will be nice and warm then."

kyungsoo nodded.

"I hope you're right."

chanyeol rolled his eyes and baekhyun raised his eyebrows.