chapter 9

It has been about two months and some weeks and I finally became really comfortable but not too comfortable (if you know what I mean) with my classmates and other school mates. I have gotten really popular due to my basketball skills and I was also among the most intelligent in junior secondary school section.

I found out that Jane was the one who normally took the first position in class and I was ready to take that position from her and like my dad always say;

" the person always winning does not have two head "

She does not have two head so it's not going to be hard. Ada was still her normal self; being all grumpy and bitchy towards me. I don't think she and Wilson are together but I don't think they are not together.

I mean I have been seeing them at the back of that same building which I think is their secret place or hideout doing the usual (kissing). Jason has been disturbing and annoying me ever since the day he jokingly told everyone I was his babe and some of my classmates were even referring to me as his Bae of life.

I may or may not have a tiny teensy itsy bitsy little winy (if you are still reading this then) chikele crush on him but it's really not my fault like have you seen the guy? I may like him but I'm not one to let my feelings get in the way of my education.

I mean there is time for everything and besides not everyone involved in secondary school 'love' always get married.
We were getting ready for our junior school certificate examination which was around the corner. It was the exam we needed to write to enter senior secondary school and our teachers were just giving us surprise test anyhow.

I know they are trying to help us but it is getting annoying. Our English teacher keeps on giving us tons of English homework and we all know writing 10 essays with about 450 words of essay was definitely not delightful but we will live sha.

************************************
It was finally time for our junior school certificate examination and we had social studies today. I was number 13 and I was sitting with Jane and guess who ' Jason '. Yep and the idiot kept on talking about how we were meant for each other. Sade was sitting three seats behind us and Wilson was in front of me.

"good morning students" the supervisor greeted.

"good morning ma" we all replied.

" as you are all aware, your exam commences today and your first subject will be social studies. Bring out your bags, and be with your maths sets only".

We all obeyed her instruction as we took out our maths set which had our pencil, ruler, pen and other things we needed for this exam. I saw Jason coming out from our seat.

" Jason please help me keep my bag" I said giving him my bag.

He took the bag and said " of course babe".

I just rolled my eyes at him and he said again

" if you don't call me babe back your bag will be here o".

I looked around and saw that people were already going back to their seats and I knew I had to give in to this big head.

"babe, please help me keep my bag". I said while giving him a sickly sweet smile.

"alright babe" he laughed and winked while walking to the front of the class.

He came back and was just disturbing me with the babe stuff. I will soon kill somebody's fine son now.

"take please help me share this around " the supervisor said to Best who was at the front seat.

He took the question papers from her and started sharing it to the students who were anxious to see the questions. When he was done, he brought about two extra question paper and handed it to the supervisor.

"you are to answer everything in the obj and five questions in theory. Don't shade two answers o! Shade only one understood? " she asked.

"yes ma" we replied.

Some hours later and we were done with the exam. Our supervisor was long gone and we were just chilling and gisting with ourselves.

"the social studies was too simple abeg" Wilson said.

"shut up e! You that was scratching your head like somebody that was about to run mad" Sade said.

Almost everyone in class erupted with laughter including me as I knew that she wasn't lying. Wilson kept on playing with his hair during the exam and I felt his hair was going to pull off if he continued.

" I was scratching the hair because it was itching me abeg " Wilson said in a dismissive tone.

"the exam wasn't hard sha" I said drawing small attention to myself.

"why won't it be simple, madam sabi sabi " Ada said.

"abeg shut up jor, you think everyone is as dull as you? Jane said.

The whole class 'ooed' Damm! That one entered o.

"who are you calling dull? You that use to carry first because uncle likes you; you are here forming" Ada replied back.

Woah! What was wrong with Ada sef? Was she jealous or what.

"which one is because uncle likes her? Somebody that is more intelligent than your entire generation" I fired back.

I couldn't let her talk to Jane anyhow at least not when I'm around. This girl doesn't know me o. The whole class erupted with laughter.

"shit! Ada o just go to your kitchen and throw away your beans o; Etin just burn everything finish" Miriam said and everybody started laughing again.

"how dare you! You don't know me o! If you open your dirty mouth again ehn I will show you pepper" Ada said while pointing her fingers at me.

"pepper kor pepper ni. I am not your age mate nor class mate because we obviously do not belong in the same league dummy; so it's not me you will show pepper. Don't you ever make that statement again o! If you try it I will show you that I am the daughter of Onaghise, oviedo kpataki born and raised in Benin city Edo state".

"gbam"

Jane said as the whole class erupted in cheers and started shouting

" she don win o, she don win! Oviedo kpataki she don win".

I started laughing; I wasn't one to fight but like my mom will always say

"avoid trouble and do not fight but if trouble comes knocking and the fight is sure, make sure you show your opponent undertaker style".

Ada thinks I'll keep on tolerating her stupid bitchy attitude. She doesn't know that I have wrestling blood in me. I am the Edo form of Rhonda from WWE.

😂😂Ada you better watch out for Etin o. The girl is not playing 🤣

Please vote⭐️ and comment cos it's really encouraging.
You can follow me on instagram @Etin_special
Bye lovelies
Xoxo 💕💕