chapter 15

It was resumption period and I was starting school today. I was so excited that I only slept for few hours making me wake up at 3:23 am. I got up from my bed, took my bath, brushed my teeth and wore my old uniform. We were going to start putting on long sleeve since we were now seniors and I couldn't wait to start folding my sleeves and start learning new subjects.

When I was done with my clothes, I ran downstairs, took a broom and swept the house. I reheated the food that was in the cupboard and went back upstairs to wake up my parents. I knocked on their door but there was no answer.

I knocked again but there was still no answer. I knew they were not awake yet so I decided to go to the sitting room to wait for them. I sat down on one of the chairs and switched on the TV and the gotv.

I was sitting at the front seat of my dad's car as we were on our way to school. My mom was still at home as the market were she sells usually participate in the Monday environmental sanitation which was held every Monday and the market was allowed to open at 10 am.

When we got to school, me and dad went to the bookshop to get my books that I was going to start using from now on. He bought me mathematics, English, economics, commerce and some other textbooks along with 14 exercise books, three pen, a pencil, eraser, rule and a maths set

. I kept everything in my bag and he gave me 200 naira to hold body and soul together.

We then went to the bursars office to pay my fees and collect my uniform and sport wear. I was not going to put on the uniform now sha because I'll have to take it home and wash it.

He left for work and I walked to my new classroom which was upstairs. This was going to be torture because I don't really like climbing stairs.
I entered the classroom and I saw Sade who screamed and ran towards me.

"baeee, how are you doing now" she said.

" I'm fine o, how was the holiday now? I replied.

"it was fine but boring o" she replied.

"I thought you went to your aunt's house Na? I asked.

"yes na but it was still boring there was nobody to talk to sef and my aunt wanted to use message to kill another man's daughter".

"hahahaha which man's daughter? I hope it's not this lazy one that is talking to me sha? I joked.

"ehen en, so it's me you are calling lazy abi" Sade said.

"who else? I replied

"wo! That one is your business o oya keep your bag in this seat" she said pointing a seat at the right side of the classroom.

I kept my bag inside.

"who is seating here sef? I asked.

"it's me na" she replied.

"ok". I said.

It was 7:56 and by 8 am, assembly was going to start. We were the only ones in class but I was seeing about three school bags.

"Etin let's come out before they start assembly o" Sade said while arranging her collar and the button on her sleeve.

"alright na" I replied as we came outside and walked to the assembly ground.