chapter eight

Just few minutes into the game and I was panting hard. The boys were great players; the girls too. The both sides had two scores each so it was a tie. The ball was with Jason this time and the first player to get the third score wins. He ran around the field while bouncing the ball and threw it to Wilson who also ran and bounced the ball.

I knew what they were doing; they were standing close to the margin and passing the ball side to side so that they would end up being at the front together, confuse the goalkeeper and score while passing.

I signalled Sade to go and stand near Wilson while I stood near Jason. I tried to take the ball from him but he kept on turning and dribbling with me. He bounced the ball to the right and I followed him to the right. I kept on following until I found myself trapped in his arms in between his chest and I quickly came out from the position before people would start talking.

He winked at me and started laughing. I knew what he was trying to do but I will not let him get to me at all. Eventually, he passed it to Wilson but Sade caught it instead haha. She bounced the ball towards the boys side of the court but she wouldn't be able to score for two reasons.

1: the boys were blocking her and 2: she was very tall (opposite). She pretended to be confused for a moment and when the boys were about to take the ball from her, she passed it to me and the boys started to groan because they knew I was going to score no matter what.

Guess who scored the first two goals, 'moi'.

"Aisosa, tackle her and collect the ball from her don't let her put that ball inside that net o" Matthew shouted.

I just laughed at their tactics I mean all I had to do was pretend I was going to pass the ball to another team mate, run towards the said team mate's direction while distracting them and then run back towards their side and shoot then score.

I called Dupe's name and yep they thought I was going to pass the ball to her, even Dupe thought I was going to give her the ball; no can do sister.

I did a pretend run towards her direction and some of the boys followed me except their goalkeeper, Tobi but I wasn't bothered. I quickly ran back, and threw the ball up while targeting the center of the net board. Tobi tried to hold the ball but nope the ball just wanted to enter inside; we all watched in slow motion as the ball entered the net with vigour and fell down gracefully on the floor.

All the girls started screaming and shouting for joy while the boys were just kicking and throwing things and shouting at the goalkeeper aka Tobi. The girls carried me on top of their shoulders and started singing

"stand up, stand up, for the champion, for the champion, stand up".

Even the senior students were shouting and singing with us.

We sang all the way to our classroom and everybody was talking about the game.

"So Etin you can play like this ehn" Jane said.

"yes na, I used to play basketball in my former school" I replied.

"Sade you have skills o, it's like you were just reading my mind the entire time we were playing " I told Sade.

"hahahaha yes na, I saw the way you were twisting your face when you were playing it's like you were even talking to me with your eyes" she said.

"Etin Etin, the basketball player. Nice game though" Wilson said while walking towards our seat with Jason.

"thanks, you guys were not too bad" I replied.

"so you could play like that and you were just acting like one innocent player ehn" Jason said.

"haha, innocent player indeed. I like playing basketball and I didn't even know you guys play here.

" we normally play football, basketball, table tennis and other sports here" Sade said.

" that's nice " I said.

" Jason well done o" James said.

"ahan what is it? Jason asked.

"so in your mind now you think we can't multi task? He asked.

I didn't understand what he was saying sef.

"I don't understand you o" Jason said.

And I thought I was the only one.

"you thought we didn't see you and Etin's little moment" he said while winking.

" which moment is this one talking about, please don't come and spoil me here" I said.

I was kinda embarrassed thinking about how many people actually saw that.

"spoil keh? It was not any moment o, Etin is my babe Na; Na normal thing" Jason said while smiling one kind bad smile like that.

"Yeeee" some people shouted.

" which babe? I cover myself with the blood of Jesus o. Ehen Sade come first o I wanted to show you something come and see before I forget" I said.

There was nothing to show her; I just wanted to change the subject and bounce. Thanks to Jason, everybody was just talking about me now. I hurriedly walked to my seat while dragging Sade's hand. We sat down and she asked

" is what you are showing me so important that you had to drag me with you?

"yes o, it's very important but I will show you one day not now". I said while laughing.

"just know you dragged the wrong person o" she said laughing.

" what do you mean? I asked.

"you think I will just leave you and not ask you any question about you and Jason? She said.

"ooo you people should leave me alone o. It was not my fault that he trapped me in his arms".

"aww, he trapped you in his arms or his heart. She said while wiggling her eyes suggestively.

"Sade leave me o abeg". I said.

"don't worry dear, it's obvious he likes you. That boy rarely plays with any girl he just talks but playing with them is a big no. You are the first person I have seen him play with" she said.

That's the end of this chapter lovelies 💕💕 I have been trying to post every time I get the chance and I hope I'm posting well o. So Jason and Etin huh😉. I hope you guys enjoy this story. Please like, follow, vote and comment. It is highly encouraging .

PS:Etin is a Benin name short for Ętinosa meaning 'God's power' while Etin means 'power'.

Dupe is a Yoruba name pronounced as du-kpę.
It means 'Thank God'

✌✌💕