chapter 16

It was 11:15 and our break time was 15 minutes away. Our mathematics teacher was in our class and he told us his name was Mr Ade. He was short, fair and had this strict face that all these maths teacher always possess.

I was just happy I understood what he was teaching since he entered the class. The topic was on binary numbers and it wasn't hard at all. He didn't ask any of us to come out and solve any question on the board.

It was break time and Sade left the class to get something for herself cause I told her I wasn't hungry. Wilson walked to my seat while chewing gum like a prostitute making those annoying popping sound.

"Etin Etin how far now? He said as he rose up his hand waiting for me to give him a high five.

I gave him one and replied "I dey o".

"how was the holiday now, this one that you are just looking fresh anyhow, see the way your skin is shining; I can even see my self clearly" he said pretending to check his face using my skin as a mirror.

"abeg leave me jor" I replied.

"I am not joking o! You just dey well" he said.

"oya thank you o oga Wilson" I said.

"ah ah! No wonder" he shouted all of a sudden.

"what is it? I asked.

" I told him to come today but he said no. You see that lazy boy" he said more to himself.

Who was this dude even talking about sef?

" Wilson what are you even saying sef?" I asked.

"I was not feeling your full vibe since and I just remembered that Jason did not come today and I wa....."

I did not allow the big head finish his sentence as I pounced on him. I think he knew what I was about to do because as soon as I got up from the chair he ran outside. I didn't have any strength to chase any body this hot afternoon so I just gave up.

I sat down and brought out my note book and started revising what we were taught.

"hey". I looked up and saw one of the new guys in my class waving at me.

"hi" I replied.

"can I have your maths note book? He asked.

He was light skinned and had this British accent with the way he spoke and the guy was fine sha.

"sure" I said while giving him my maths note  book.

"thanks mate" he said as he took the notebook from me.

I was just looking at him; 'mate gini' which one was that one again. I looked back and caught him staring at me and when he saw me, he quickly averted his head to the other side. I just kuku faced my front.

Sade came back with her snack and drink and u suddenly became hungry.

"babe you did not even buy anything for me" I said looking at her accusingly.

She was just looking at me like I had grown a horn.

"sho! Did I not ask if you would follow me to the canteen to get something, you said no that you were not hungry" she said opening one of the pack of deluxe cream crackers she bought.

"you should have been more specific now; which one is I should follow you? You will ask if I want to buy something then I will say yes or no" I said.

"Na you know na, next time you will know how far" she said as she started to chew the biscuit.

This girl does not know me o I chuckled inwardly as I took two packets of biscuits from her desk and quickly opened one.