chapter 32

"What are you wearing Etin? Jane asked over the phone. We were on zoom call; Sade's idea.

" I don't really know, I have many clothes here but I can't even think of one" I replied.

"Show us your clothes let's help you pick" Jane said.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my closet as I showed them the clothes in my wardrobe.

The graduation was in two days time and my parents said I could go.

"You can start a freaking boutique business with all these clothes o " Sade said.

"I'm telling you" Jane said.

"O o you guys nowwwww" I drawled out.

"Ok ok, I like that red dress" Jane said pointing to the dress.

I looked back and saw the dress she was pointing to. It was nice but really uncomfortable. My mom bought it during Christmas season.

"That dress is too uncomfortable " I replied.

"Why don't you just wear that short Ankara gown with that sneakers. The one you wore in that picture you posted last week" Sade said.

"Yes yes ! Wear that dress and that sneakers, style it up with that leather belt" Jane said.

"Then wear that human hair; oh my God! You will look bomb as fuck. Jane we should be stylist" Sade said squealing.

"As in ehn" Jane replied.

"Yeah yeah knock yourselves out. I think I'll go with that one sha" I said closing the doors to my wardrobe.

"This graduation ceremony is going to be lit" Jane said.

"I will dance my uniform goodbye" Sade said laughing.

"Abi, me too o" I said.

"Alright girls thanks for your styling advice, I have to go now" I said.

"Bye" they replied.

I ended the call and exited the app.

I was learning web designing and some other free courses since I was planning on starting a website.

It was not easy and I got lazy at times.

**********************
Today was the D-day and I could smell the excitement in the  air. Unlike our JSS3 graduation ceremony which was held at our school hall, we held this one at  'Event the Thames', an event centre along sapele road.

My parents didn't come according to my dad, he will only leave his office when I'm graduating from the university.

I was sitting with Sade, Jane, Ese, and Ada. It was a round table with five seats.

Girls and boys sat down on different chairs.

The master of ceremony called the father of the day to come say the opening prayer.
We all stood up and closed our eyes as he prayed.

Next was the speech given by different personalities which was boring to be honest. The last woman gave her speech and the MC called on the drama team to present their drama.  And then the dancers came to scatter the stage for us.

Some primary and kindergarten pupils came out to recite poems and bible verses.

A little girl was on stage reciting a poem and she was really cute with her long gown and small heels.

We all clapped for her as she went to take her seat.

I saw Jared sitting with his cousins and boy they looked yummy. All the boys in our class were on suit and expensive Italian shoes; boys and their show off.