o n e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐲

Siberia, Russia 1948 

. .

The first thing that she feels is cold.

The mind-numbing sensation overpowers all other thoughts and feelings. Her teeth chatter uncontrollably behind her blue lips which she is unable to hear over the incessantly loud ringing in her ears. Her eyes remain forced shut as she is unable to muster up the strength to open them.

She feels her body fall for a moment before something grabs her. The sudden shift in gravity causes her head to spin and thump in agonizing pain.

Despite the powerful migraine, she detects the much-desired heat of someone's touch that penetrates through her thin clothing. Foreign voices mix together to create an uncomprehensible harmony which is paired with the loud echos of footsteps that reverberate through the room.

Her shivering body is hauled out of the cold chamber and she is hit with a breeze of warmth which she is grateful for. Unfortunately, that heat doesn't last for long as she is quickly dragged out of the room.

Her legs dangle on the cold concrete floor, with the occasional whimper pushing past her lips as they carelessly let her body hit the corners of walls that they pass.

She forces her eyes to flicker open and she sees unfamiliar men swarmed around her with weird masks covering their faces. Her head lolls to the side and she watches the bleak grey walls blur together as questions and strange images pop up in her head.

Who am I? Where am I? Why can't I remember anything? Who are these people? Why am I so cold?

But she has no time to mull over those questions because she is suddenly thrown into a metal chair. She gasps as her head comes into contact with something hard behind her, sending a rush of pain up to her head.

The men, clad in black uniforms with an unusual red insignia on their chest bind her to the chair harshly, pulling the bonds until they break the skin on her gaunt limbs. She doesn't bother to resist or pull at her restraints as she knows that it will result in more pain that she can avoid by obeying.

One man pushes a teeth shield between her chapped lips while a different soldier clamps a terrifying metal contraption to her face. Her eyes nervously flicker around the dark room, looking for something that will make her remember anything at all.