t h i r t e e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy
Important A/N at the end
. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛

Baltimore/Washington Airport

Baltimore, Maryland

. .

Allie was very much grateful when her time staying at the hotel came to an end.

She had spent most of the night thinking, unable to lull her mind to sleep. More often than not, she could only find comfort in the embrace of sleep when she was exhausted. When she too tired to let her thoughts drag by in slow motion. Even then, she would be lucky to get more than three or four hours of sleep. But when she would wake, she would spend the rest of the night consumed by her thoughts anyway.

Slowly, eleven o'clock morphed into twelve, then three, and finally six o'clock. The time trickled by, marked only by those changing glowing numerals. She spent the entire night with her eyes wearily trained on the silhouette of her bedside lamp. When the pale glow of the streetlamp behind it became white from the luminescent sun, she knew her night was over.

But alas, she did spend her time somewhat wisely.

During her fitful hours of thinking, she decided she was going to be called Allie again. She was going to do what Bucky suggested.

She would try to be someone again, someone who deserved to live. Trickery didn't deserve to live. Trickery was a monster, she was each and every definition of evil. And if she wanted to continue being Trickery, then she would have to come to accept all the evil deeds that she carried out in the name of HYDRA.

And she couldn't do that.

So she would be Allie. She would try to be the person that she was before HYDRA, whoever that may be. Even if they weren't the greatest person, surely that had to be better than Trickery. She could have a family again, have friends, have a purpose in life.

Even though she didn't remember anything about herself or her past, she could shape her future and chose to be the version of herself that she wanted to be. She could be a version of Allie who was good, who wouldn't follow in Trickery's footsteps.

This was her opportunity for rebirth and renewal.

So when the clock struck 6 o'clock, Allie immediately jumped out of the disgusting bed and got ready to leave. She couldn't contain her eagerness to get out of the decrepit hotel and hopefully, find someplace better in Bulgaria to stay at.

Bucky, who also got no sleep last night, followed Allie's lead and started gathering his stuff. It took the pair only a few minutes to gather their belongings and exit the hotel, unsuccessfully avoiding the lady at the reception who managed to stall them for a minute or two. Silently, they got into the truck that thankfully, still sat out the front of the hotel, and drove off.