e i g h t

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

September 2014

Washington D.C, United States of America 

. .

Once again, unbeknownst to Trickery, she awoke to the same routine as always.

It was the same, always the same. Yet Trickery could never tell. No matter the magnitude of pain, the familiarity of the words being spoken to her in terse Russian or the eerily familiar surroundings, she never knew that she was once again following the pattern. Being exposed to the same torturous routine that kept her mind enslaved and memories hidden.

She awoke, gasping and shivering from the harsh cold. Her bones reduced to the feeling of pure ice. And with every movement, even the smallest of a twitch, she felt them inching closer and closer to snapping.

Then she was dragged down the bleak, dark corridors. Her knobbly knees were forcibly hauled along the rough, concrete floor. But Trickery was too out of it to notice how it resulted in thin scarlet rivulets escaping from the newly made abrasions.

It seemed that the world was spinning right before her eyes. Almost as if she was free-falling from the heavens, unable to do anything but watch as her body plummeted towards the harsh reality that was the world below.

But unfortunately, she never made it to the ground. Instead, she was punished with a much more cruel fate. She was condemned to the chair.

Alike to every other experience, Trickery was thrown into the barbaric contraption. The leather straps confined her to the machine, pulling so tightly that her limbs began to throb. A teeth shield was pushed between her chapped lips as she watched on in sheer terror, unable to make a sound as she was rendered frozen in fear. She could hear the gears grinding in the machine as they lowered a terrifying metal contraption over her, attaching it to her gaunt face.

And before she knew it, the pain started.

Electricity pulsated, radiated and seared through every nerve and muscle in her body. Her guttural cries fell over deaf ears as she was forced to sit and writhe in utter agony. She could feel her body's involuntary convulsions to the electric shocks, reeling from the unforgiving pain that occupied every single limb and part possible.

It felt like years that she endured the pain for. Every second felt like a millennia worth of agony. An agony so unadulterated that it left her with hot tears rolling from her dark eyes and inarticulate screams pouring past her cracked lips.