t w e n t y - e i g h t

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩

April 2015

Bucharest, Romania

. .

It had been two weeks since Allie's visit to New York to see Tony. Two weeks since she gazed into the fantasy that was the life of Tony Stark, an opportunity that very few were blessed with. She watched as he tried to decode her brain in between working on his own various projects, maintaining his reputation as Iron Man, and enjoying his life with Pepper. Somehow balancing his many personal ventures better than even the best juggler in a circus.

Tony lived a lifestyle that many deemed glorious. An easy life, unable to experience any middle-class woes as they gazed through their own deluded kaleidoscopes, not realizing how their assumptions were so distorted from the harsh reality he endured. How his life was not just filthy riches and lavish parties. But a constant struggle with mounting problems that continued to pile on. A man bearing the weight of the world on his shoulders.

But despite all the hardship Tony experienced, he always had one thing that made everything the slightest bit better. And that was his monumental IQ.

After his consultation with some of New York's finest psychiatrists, Tony managed to come to the conclusion that Allie had oversensitive brain structures responsible for her explosive anger and power outbursts. He tried to explain it to her as best as he could, describing how her previous torture and electrical degradation induced by HYDRA's cruelty had led to certain parts of her brain being damaged, leaving her with difficulties regulating emotions, specifically anger. Parts of her brain that were responsible for controlling her powers.

And Allie was left grateful, someone had finally diagnosed her problem.

To a degree, she could blame HYDRA for her faulty brain. For the damage she caused and the carnage that came as a result of her powers. That diseased feeling of rage that flowed within her body when she was provoked, an emotion they cultivated. She was grateful because that malignant sensation was not her own, she wasn't the cause of it.

But then again, she was. It was her brain, she was the one erupting with a hurricane of wrath that she left untamed. Letting it sweep up and destroy everything in its path. Because even though she could blame HYDRA for the startling winds that created the storm, she was the one who let it grow. Who did nothing to stem the natural disaster or help alleviate its after-effects.