f o u r t e e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

Sofia, Bulgaria

. .

The flight from Baltimore to Sofia was very long and very boring. 14 and a half hours Bucky and Allie were forced to sit next to a father and his child whom he let run rampant in the plane. The child was either bouncing up and down in his seat the entire time or he was bawling his eyes out. There was no in-between.

Allie and Bucky stayed silent for most of the flight. They knew they couldn't talk about anything of real value to them due to how overcrowded it was and the potential for people overhearing their conversation.

So instead they decided to watch some movies.

Allie was about 4 movies into the flight when she felt her eyes start to become heavy. Her body began to slump into the uncomfortable seat and her neck fell at an angle that she knew would begin to hurt when she woke up. But she let her body fall anyway, too tired to correct her positioning.

Bucky, who sat beside her bleary-eyed and unshaven, saw her predicament. He noticed how with every blink, her eyes would stay closed for longer. How her breathing began to slow until she was all but asleep.

So as softly as he could, he lifted his metal hand and guided her head until it fell onto his shoulder. So softly that Allie didn't even blink or wake from the movement. When he was certain that she was situated correctly, he dropped his hand back to his lap.

He stared down at his metal hand. The silver vibranium glimmered in the darkness of the plane, resembling a decoration more than the weapon that it was created to be. A weapon that had been used for the last 70 years to punch, beat, and kill innocent people. A weapon of mass destruction.

It disgusted him.

He wished that he could remove the bionic arm from his body. But he knew from experience that it wouldn't come off. The scars that littered the border of flesh from metal which had come from his own knife proved that sentiment. He had tried and tried to pry the metal from his skin, but it refused to budge.

So eventually he gave up, slowly coming to accept that his metal arm was a permanent part of him.

Shaking his head in a physical effort to push the thoughts from his mind, Bucky turned back to the screen on the back of the seat in front of him and continued watching his movie.

After a few more hours of boring movies and hearing Allie's faint snores as she slept, the plane finally began its descent into Sofia.

Bucky regretfully pried Allie from her sleep, knowing that it had been the first in a long time that she finally found the welcome comfort of rest. She had awoken with a start, surprised that she had fallen asleep for so long. When she returned to a semi-conscious state, she bashfully thanked Bucky for letting her use his shoulder as a pillow and cringed at the slight patch of drool that donned his marron top. Emabessment flared inside her but if Bucky noticed the patch, he didn't bring it up.