t e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲.

Samuel Wilson's Apartment

Washington D.C, United States of America

. .

Trickery's eyes narrowed at the word that slipped past Steve's lips, internally debating how a word that she knew to be foreign could seem so familiar to her. How someone that she had only ever read about, could evoke such a feeling of familiarity.

"You know this witch?" Sam said as his mouth dropped open and his eyes went wide in shock.

"Allie?" Steve called out again.

The mere sound of that word sent Trickery's mind spiraling. The word triggered something in her, bringing a feeling that she hadn't experienced in a very long time to the surface. It was if a single neuron in her brain had been stimulated, a neuron that had laid dormant for too long. But it awoke, releasing a barrage of neurotransmitters to rouse the rest of her brain, to awaken the memories buried deep down. To allow her to connect the dots, to find out what the word 'Allie' really meant to her. But somehow the neurotransmitters got lost, leaving her with only a feeling but no memory. Nothing to allow her to distinguish what was going on or why the word felt so familiar.

But despite the lack of memory, the feeling that Steve had awoken was strong. So strong that the feeling of déjà vu left Trickery frozen to the spot, absolutely immobile. All because of a single feeling. A powerful feeling.

"Man, can't your friends just stay dead!" Sam exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air exasperatedly. Steve quickly turned and gave his friend a brief glare, prompting Sam to groan. "I'm being serious!"

But before any of the three could utter another word, an onslaught of pain harpooned through Trickery's body. White-hot electricity pulsated through every one of her nerves, making her writhe in pure agony. She immediately fell onto her knees, her body convulsing from the unforgiving pain. A pain so unadulterated that the room almost shook from the sheer force of her inarticulate screams that poured past her cracked lips.

"Allie!" Steve yelled, instantly running to her side. He had barely even touched her before his own hand was involuntarily sent jerking away, a reflex that his body had used to protect him from the electricity running through Trickery's own body.

Horror seized the warmth from Steve's body as he gazed down at his old friend. Here she was, laying on the ground in front of him with hot tears trickling from her dark eyes and he had no idea how to help her. No idea how to stop the pain that had overcome Trickery.