f i f t e e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

Bucharest, Romania

. .

Her short, fitful slumber was tormented with snippets of memories about Steve. Memories of the two of them training and fighting in the war. His iconic blue, white and red suit was burned into her brain. Leaving a rollercoaster of emotions whirring through her all at once.

She was beyond confused. At HYDRA, they had instilled in her that anything and anyone associated with Captain America was immoral. That his entire existence went against what HYDRA had stood for. She had treated him as the enemy. She had just come back from a mission where she had hurt him.

She was also sad. She could feel the happiness that she felt in that moment with Steve. The smile that she had worn, was a smile that the world hadn't seen again for 70 years. A happiness so boundless that it felt like pure euphoria. But it was snuffed out.

She was also angry. She was angry at HYDRA for lying to her. For hiding her relationship with Steve and making him become her enemy. For taking away her friend and making her think she was all alone in this world.

But she was even angrier at herself. She had hurt Steve. Not only physically, but mentally. She had fought him for the first time as his enemy. She had attacked him mercilessly, like a beast. But she had also left him even when he tried to help her. Despite all that he had done for her, she still left. She ran away.

She had hurt him, and she could see it.

The Steve that she remembered, mirroring her bright smile and matching her in happiness was gone. The man who thrived leading the Howling Commandos in his bright blue, red and white get-up was lost. The man who had a glimmer of hope in his eyes that shone brighter than the most glorious constellations of stars, now fading to become no more than a memory.

Instead, he was replaced with a replica donning a darker, more menacing uniform of Captain America. A person who had lost his two best friends and forced to live on, knowing he survived. And then to find out that not only had he thought he lost them, but they were taken and he did nothing to help. He had let them be tortured by the one organization that he had swore to defeat.

She spent the rest of the night mulling over the memories, trying to decipher if they were real or not. Searching for any indication of who she was and her past life. But alas, she was left with even more questions with very few answers.