t w e n t y - t h r e e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭

Avengers Tower

New York City, United States of America

. .

"Now tell me why I shouldn't call the feds and have you arrested this second?"

Tony's voice spoke out from under the Iron Man suit. A suit that radiated hope and protection for most. The colors of his suit denoting to the person he was; Red for impulse, violence, and the blood of his enemies and Gold for riches and strength. Iron Man was Tony Stark, the two being one and the same.

But for Allie, it was the symbol of a threat. Here stood a man that had all the power in the world to end her right now. He had the power to listen to her and welcome her, or to send her to prison for the rest of her life. And that was a power that she never wished to entrust with anyone.

"Because if you really wanted that, they would already be here." Allie answered, lifting her hands into the air in surrender.

She knew that despite his authoritative attitude, if Stark had truly wanted her arrested the cops would have been here by now. From the second she entered the building, she had no doubt that Stark's facial scanners would have been up and running. It would have detected who she was the minute she passed through the door, and yet there was no sign of the police. And if her corrections were true, the cops would have only taken 4 minutes to get here. Meaning she would have been arrested by now.

"I have been told that I am quite indecisive so that could easily change." His voice spoke again, amplified by his suit.

"I'm not here to hurt you." She informed him, still holding her hands in the air.

"Says the HYDRA agent who is known for her ability to murder and mentally ruin her targets." Stark commented sneeringly. "Oh yes, I totally believe you."

"I just came here to talk." She paused for a moment before continuing. "I knew your father."

"I know, you were all he ever talked about." Tony responded, not a drop of sarcasm in his voice.

A brief silence passed between the two. With Tony looking her up and down as if she was his prey, the weak little gazelle easily scared with the slightest of movements. He was trying to detect any fault in her being, anything that could give her reasoning for being here away. But Allie was not weak like a gazelle, she was strong like the lion, the apex predator. She was not prey to anyone, rather being the hunter with something to prove.