t w e n t y - n i n e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

May 2015

Bucharest, Romania

. .

It had taken years for Allie to fully appreciate the comfort that came from peace. The beautiful and relaxing idea of being free from disturbances. Completely at ease and tranquil. But although glorious while it lasts, peace inevitably comes to an end.

Because one can not be happy for their entire life, as happiness would then lose its meaning. The highs would no longer be as high, as joyous and all-consuming as they had been. Instead they blur together, rendered insignificant. So you wait for the other shoe to drop, wondering when your peace will be replaced by inner turmoil and demons. Waiting for the change to roll in like a rising tide at sea.

Because it wasn't a matter of if, rather when would everything start to change.

And because of that sentimentality, Allie decided to cherish her peace with Bucky before she lost it. Before that other shoe would drop and return her life into its constant state of stress.

It had been over a month since Allie returned to Bucharest, and the time seemed to fly before her eyes with little haste. The soft, sensual kisses and the endless midnight conversations that had been Allie's life. A bundle of light incarnate bestowed upon her like a gift from the Gods.

Her and Bucky had begin to experience the closest thing they would ever get to a mundane life. Staying at home in each other's arms, weekly shopping trips into the town, watching the century old television as they ate their dinner together, even going on the occasional date if they felt like it. It was a life they never believed they would get the chance to experience, not in the '40s nor in the 21st century.

So they made sure to make the most of it.

The previous night they had spent exploring the town, trekking through the concrete jungle for hours. Listening to the melodious sounds of street buskers echoing into the flurescent heart of the city. They conversed the entire time, walking down the streets without a care in the world. Eating fatty street food as they danced underneath the soft moonbeams like stars.

A now usual nighttime activity for the pair, one they both quite seemed to enjoy.

Eventually they decided to return home, sometime in the early hours of the morning. Immediately collapsing on the bed wrapped up in Bucky's arms. And she had fallen to sleep quicker than a light turning off, easily succumbing to the darkness.