t h r e e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐎𝐝𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐕𝐮

New York City, United States of America 1975

. .

From where Trickery stands, the true splendor of a typical day in the city of New York can be seen.

New York is a vast, elaborate, labyrinth of noisy streets and avenues. The sound of the incessant honking of motorized vehicles that speed dangerously down the dark roads never fades as time goes on.

The city is overflowing with mountainous buildings and ubiquitous skyscrapers that are barely visible through the grey smog-filled sky. They extend into the skyline for as far as the naked eye can see.  And in every space between the buildings, there is construction commencing to create another towering skyscraper in an attempt to outdo the one that came before it.

People navigate through the array of concrete alleys like swarms of ants. They fill every corner, shop, and niche in sight, leaving the grey concrete barely visible through the masses of people.

Trickery would almost describe New York as being diagnosed with a virus, consisting of continually moving cars, people, buses and trains. Never is there a break, or period of time where the city is silent. Time is a concept unheard of here, alluded to in its nickname of being 'the city that never sleeps'. Everything here is constant.

Constantly awake, constantly busy and constantly loud.

Sounds and aromas overwhelm her senses, making it nearly unbearable to walk through the bustling streets. But thankfully Trickery has found refuge up on the top of a building facing opposite of the highly impressive Chrysler building.

The Chrysler building dazzles in the bright evening sun, illuminating the New York skyline with its beautiful art deco facade. The skyline is a welcome break from the dreary Siberian snow that serves as a view in Trickery's cell. The warm weather is foreign too. It is so warm in fact, that Trickery's skin is sweating excessively under her thick black catsuit which offers no relief from the heat.

But Trickery isn't here for the views. And she most definitely isn't here for the weather.

She is on a mission.

Steven Forman is her target. He is supposedly some big, hotshot politician who is causing some problems for HYDRA and is poking his nose in places where it doesn't belong. Mikael had shown her his picture before they sent her up here, and Mr. Forman just looked like your everyday person which makes it hard for Trickery to believe that he is her enemy.