e l e v e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐀 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

EXACT LOCATION: Unknown

Washington D.C, United States of America

. .

Trickery didn't know how long she had been knocked out. But judging by the fact that her entire body was restained by ropes and bound to a chair, she would say it had been too long.

She awoke with a pounding headache, most likely caused by the weird angle her neck had been bent while she was unconscious. Her dry mouth ached for some water and she had to forcibly swallow the thick saliva that filled her orifice. She groaned as she lifted her head up, eyes squinting as she examined the room.

The room itself held little appeal, with nothing warranting any extra attention or praise. Even against the dark night sky, she could see the crumbling walls that were nothing more than a ghostly silhouette of some previous existence. The said previously white walls, or what Trickery thought must have been white, now had dulled to a musty cream color. The grey carpet floor was tainted with dust and various stains, and Trickery assumed it must also have been rough to the touch.

There were no photographs or furniture to hint at any prior inhabitance. The room was completely void of anything that would have made it seem homely. Instead, it was empty and lacking that lived-in warmth. Even the windows were boarded up, barring her from seeing what the outside world held. But the boards were cracked and splintery, enough that she could tell it was recent. The only light source into the room was the small gaps made between the slats of wood, and even then the light it provided was minuscule at best.

To hazard a guess, Trickery thought that she must be in an abandoned building. And that made her slightly nervous because nothing good has ever gone down in abandoned buildings.

But alas, here she was.

After a few minutes of aimlessly staring around the room, Trickery was grateful when her mind reverted back to its full consciousness. Grateful because it alerted her to the stranger standing just outside the room. Her senses had returned to full potential and those microscopic details that any other person could never hear, she heard.

She could hear the man's heartbeat from where he was standing. She could hear the metal chinking caused by the small movements of his mechanical arm. She could feel the neural oscillations emitting from his brain. And all of those small details meant that she could pinpoint his exact location in the hallway.