t w e l v e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

Baltimore, United States of America

. .

Thankfully, the ride for Washington to Baltimore was only short because it left little time for Trickery to think about how stupid she was being.

What rational person would decide to follow a person they just met across the world because they were being chased by multiple government and non-government agencies? Why would someone even consider the idea? Especially if they couldn't even remember their own name, their birthday or their parents.

It's not like they were just going on a holiday to Europe and would sightsee everything the beautiful continent had to offer? No, they would be on the run. Depending on each other because their lives were on the line. They could both go to jail, especially Trickery who would probably never see the light of day again due to her powers.

And her not going to jail solely depended on a man that she barely knew.

No sane person would ever do what she is doing.

But Trickery decided she would blame her poor decision making on the lost brain cells she experienced from being punched by Captain America. He literally knocked all the sense out of her.

Well, at least that was what she was telling herself.

But Trickery's only consolation was that Bucky seemed to be a decent person (well, in the two hours that she has known him). During the car trip, he seemed to know just when to interrupt Trickery's many trips into her memories, begging to try and bring something to the surface. He would interrupt with small talk, something to take her mind off of it. He would mention the weather outside or bring up something he heard in the news.

It was never much, but she was grateful for it.

But before long, the pair were pulling up outside of a dilapidated hotel off the highway.

A few of the windows had been taped up with duct tape, adding to the hotel's lack of appeal that Trickery felt as she looked over the place.  Where there was still glass it was grey with the grime of twenty years. The door was thick and oak with a brass knocker that looked like a lion head. Trickery supposed it was meant to be golden in color but over time, it had faded away to pure rust.

But Bucky didn't seem anxious about entering the hotel. So Trickery followed behind, trusting that he knew what he was doing.

The two walked into the building, grimacing at the stale scent of perfume that polluted the air, assaulting their nostrils. The wind followed them in, whistling up the corridors as loud as the pied piper.