t w e n t y - s e v e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐖𝐞𝐛

Avengers Tower

New York City, United States of America

. .

Allie quickly discovered that healing often came at a price. For her to heal, she had to tear open the temporary bandages that covered the horrors of her past. Exposing the wound to the harsh wind that slashed with vehement force, baring the damage to everything she had fought so hard to protect it from. Revealing it to the world, the very thing that caused the pain in the first place.

And to heal, to expose the fleshy, crimson coated parts of herself, she had to be prepared to experience that pain again. To feel the knife carve jagged lacerations down the mask she was forced to wear. To feel the flames incinerate her skin, fire that would ultimately cauterize the wound, to rid it of all potential infections. And it was supposed to help, to protect her from any future damage, and yet it hurt all the same.

And Allie wasn't sure if she was prepared to experience that trauma again.

"Alright Allie, so you understand how this is going to work?" Tony's voice called out from behind the glass window, caution swirling in his dark orbs as he watched her fidget nervously.

As Tony had promised, Allie stayed at Avenger's Tower the previous night, reuniting with Tony and Pepper. Catching up as if they were long lost friends, treating her as if she was one of their own.

But then this morning, Tony had cut some time out of his very hectic schedule to run some experiments on Allie. To see if he could suppress that darkness that surged beneath her skin, to find a poison to kill the parasite that corrupted her mind. To see if there was any way possible that he could drain the evil that flowed through her veins like blood, an evil that hurt all those around her.

"Yes, you make me wear this metal contraption on my head to measure the stuff you need. Then you make me angry." She answered, trying to disguise the slight quiver of her voice as she spoke.

The room that she was in, that Tony brought her into to test her resolve, was eerily familiar. Tony stood behind a gargantuan transparent wall, fumbling around with the many foreign machines that resided around him. His brows were sloped down in pure concentration, fingers tapping incessantly against the steel tops of the contraptions as he poked and prodded at various colored wires and buttons.