t w e n t y - s i x

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT x enjoy

Important A/N at the end, so plz read x

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

Bucharest, Romania

. .

Allie often felt as if she was an unmatched piece of a jigsaw forced to fit into a picture that she wasn't made for. Her edges cut to fit the space she was contrived to occupy, the pieces of her morality shaved away to become something she wasn't. She was forced into a place she didn't belong, and that was the 21st century.

She was no longer whole, only chipped pieces of the person she was before. The ugly, destructive storm that used to be the warm summer's wind. The unwanted bits and pieces of junk that used to function as a beautiful machine.

Even here, laying in Bucky's arms, a place that was supposed to bring her warmth and comfort, didn't bring her that same feeling. She felt dazed and discombobulated, almost as if she was a ghost walking amongst the living. A darkness swirling beneath her skin, leeching the life from her body like a parasite.

It was almost as if she was in a state of numbness, completely unfeeling. She felt detached from the world, her body falling into an endless limbo like a comet shot through the sky, falling, falling, falling until it fell out of sight. Unknown in whether it just kept falling or crashed into a million little fragments. She was completely anesthetized from the world.

And yet she also felt everything.

She felt like letting that agonizing strange cry pass from her lips, letting her depressed tears drench the pale skin of her cheeks. She felt the broken fractures of her soul pierce the soft flesh of her heart, tearing limitless fissures into the organ until it felt like it was but an empty cavity. Anger rattling in her bones, and misery freezing her bloodstream into empty caverns.

She was a dying supernova, her light being snuffed out and leaving the once bright sky cloaked in darkness.

And yet Bucky didn't even know he was the single flame keeping Allie's entire being from burning into a pile of ash. He could sense her internal torment like it was his own, as if her pain tore into his heart as well. Watching that strength that she had built up over the last few weeks wither away into oblivion. Having no cure to treat the poison that festered in Allie's veins, corrupting the parts of her that kept her sane.

The second she had walked back into their home, eyes hollowed and bleary, skin trembling like she was frozen to the core, he had known his reservations about the missions were right.