f o u r

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

New York City, United States of America

1991

. .

Trickery awakes gasping, clawing at her throat as if it is constricting with every breath she takes. Her eyes are still bleary from her sudden arousal and she blinks quickly, trying to recognize the foreign place that she now finds herself in. She immediately pushes herself into a seated position on the metal bed and tries to heave in a breath in an effort to calm her racing heart.

The sweat on her forehead glistens in the light that shines in from the lights of the adjoining corridor. Her body shives underneath the thin cloth that really is not thick nor long enough to be considered a blanket and her short pants of air leave small clouds of mist in the bitter, cold air. Trickery pushes the blanket off her lithe figure and recognizes the typical HYDRA uniform that covers her body. The gray contrasts terribly with her ashen skin that looks like it hasn't seen the true light of day in years.

Scrunching her eyes closed, Trickery lets out a disgruntled sigh. She had another nightmare. The same nightmare that had been plaguing her for the past two days. She was at an old HYDRA base, shooting down the enemy alone when they shot her in the stomach. She continued to fire at them anyway until another bullet found its home in her body. Then another. And another.

Their footsteps got louder and louder as they neared Trickery's dying body. They ran towards her like a stampede of wildebeests and Trickery had nothing left to do but close her eyes and await for the herd to trample her. But before the hurt comes, a loud explosion goes off beside her she is swiftly pushed back into consciousness.

That same dream has been playing in her head every time she goes to sleep. Nothing about the dream changes and even though she knows what is about to happen, she relives the experience every night. She can almost feel where the bullets entered her chest and the fear that would accompany that experience if it was real.

As her sight begins to clear, she scans the room. The familiar metal bars separate Trickery from the main hallway which holds similar cells to hers. She lays on a rough, metal bed frame that barely fits in the small room underneath a thin, white blanket. To her left is a small wooden bedside table and a small toilet. Concrete walls entrap her in the tiny room, leaving her only light source to come from the overhead lights in the hallway.

Groaning slightly, she pushes herself up to her feet and stretches her sore limbs. Having sat in this room for over a couple of days now has left Trickery bored out of her mind. All she does is stretch, sleep and get caught up in her own thoughts. Thankfully, she had been let out for an hour or two to train with Mikael but it always seemed that time ran faster when she was out of the cell. She wishes that she could just train all day instead of sit inside her room doing nothing.