s i x t e e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Steve Roger's Apartment

Manhattan, New York City

. .

The shrill sound of the kettle reverberated throughout the room, drowning out the noises that Steve was making as he fumbled around in the kitchen. Nervousness radiated from his body, evident from his incessant tapping and constant inspection of his apartment.

Allie guessed that he was searching for HYDRA soldiers, waiting for them to announce their surprise attack. Anticipating them to leap out from the shadows and reveal that this was all a trick.

She was almost hurt by the insinuation. But then again, she couldn't blame him.

She gazed out from the small kitchen table at Steve, watching as he made them some coffee. She returned his anxious smile as he looked her way, trying to hide the fact that she was just as nervous as he was. Completely unprepared for the conversation that she had came here for.

After their reunion at the library, Steve insisted that they talked back at his apartment. So they made the journey to his temporary abode, which was thankfully within walking distance from the library. The trip was pretty much spent in silence, with only meaningless conversation hanging in the air when they decided to talk.

After they entered the room, Steve whisked away to go make them some beverages. He immediately hurried into the kitchen, using some foreign machines to assist him with the process. His entire home, including the kitchen, was quite quaint, suiting Steve's style. It was nothing too extravagant nor was it anything less than fitting. It was the perfect place to call home for a single bachelor living in New York.

As he fumbled around in the kitchen, Allie sat down at a beautiful wooden table in the dining area and gazed out the window into the expansive Manhattan skyline. The mountainous buildings extend into the skyline for as far as the naked eye can see. Captivating Allie with its beauty.

She had been staring out into the glimmering skyline for a while now. Completely enthralled by the city that never sleeps. Thankfully for the obvious distraction from the poignant tension that overwhelmed the room.

The sound of the kettle finally turning off broke Allie from her daydream. She flicked her eyes back over to Steve who hastily finished up with the coffee and brought it over to Allie with a sheepish smile pulling at his lips.