Chapter 15

The interview was in 5 minutes and I was sitting at a chair with bright lights shining on me. The camera guys were getting all set up and I was just looking around the whole room. I haven't been interviewed in a while so I had no clue what kind of questions they were going to ask me. What if they asked about John? I'm just getting myself into too much trouble.

Before I knew it, it was time for the interview and the interviewer came in.

"Hello Katy!" she said.

"Hi." I said with a fake smile.

"Well let's get started. Where do I even begin?" She chuckled.

She introduced herself and then me...

-------------------------------------------

"Okay so how have you been?"

"I've been doing well. Just really tired. Babies are a lot of work."

"I feel you. I have 3 of my own. But anyways, how is your marriage going?"

That question made my whole body flinch. But I knew I couldn't give out too much information so I just kept it simple.

"Well John and I are split for a while. It's just for our own good."

"Alright. Well how's the baby?"

"She's doing fine. She's gotten so big in the past 3 months. My sister has come over several times to help, and my whole family has been so supportive."

"That's wonderful to hear!"

The rest of the interview was just the same old crap they ask me every single time. Nothing really new.

When the interview was over, I knew the news headlines were going to be all over our "divorce" when it's not even a divorce. They over exaggerate everything I say. Or even things I don't say, it's so annoying, like can I just be human?

I then drove back home with Johnny who came to the interview with me. There was tons of paparazzi following us and I knew they were going to think that we're dating or something like that.

We got into the car and drove away.

"So how have you been?" Johnny said.

"Kind of bad. Nothing has been going as planned lately. I've been so upset and so tired. I don't even know what to do." I whimpered.

I then started to cry and just looked out the window. I didn't want Johnny to see me like this. He would just think I have nothing else to do and I'm so weak. And that's not what I want him to think. He's my best friend. I don't want him to think bad of me.

It started to rain and more tears fell from my eyes. I looked at my reflection from the glass but I didn't see my reflection. I saw John's. It was him laying on a bed with tears in his eyes. He didn't look himself. He looked weak, tired, lonely, lifeless. But I knew my vision wasn't true. John can't be hurt. He must be so happy without me around. I just turned away but I couldn't seem to get him off my mind. His voice echoed through my head. Sometimes, I would see him in bed laying next to me, or sometimes holding Scarlett in the rocking chair in her room, or just even with me. But I knew that those were just visions, they weren't real.

"Katy, we're here. Are you okay?"

"Yup! I'm totally fine!" I said as I jumped out of the car and into the house.

"Wait Katy!"

"Just leave. Okay?!" I turned around to face him and all I could see was fear in his eyes. He then walked to his car and drove away. I have to say, I felt really bad, but now wasn't the time to apologize.

I walked in the house and saw Tamra with Scarlett in the kitchen. She was feeding her a bottle while going through her phone messages.

"Hey." I said as I put my car keys on the island counter.

"Hey." Tam replied.

"How's my little cupcake?" I said in a baby voice.

She smiled. I haven't seen her ever smile. It was so cute. She looked up at me and her big sea foam green eyes glistened.

I rubbed my finger on her cheek and she quickly took ahold of it and squeezed it tight. Motherhood is a lot more special than I ever imagined. Scarlett means so much to me.

I picked her up and kissed her cheek. She giggled and looked into my eyes. This moment is just perfect. But before I knew it, it was over. Moments like these are what really matters in life. They're the moments that people don't pay much attention to.

"Well I have to go go..." Tamra said.

"Okay." I replied.

I walked over to the couch with Scarlett and just cuddled her. I was so grateful that she's calmed down a bit.

JOHNS POV

I don't even know what I'm doing with my life. Maybe it's time for a change. I don't even know. Should I move on? I can't do that though, I've already cheated on Katy, and that just backstabbed me really hard. I've learned a lesson, and I have to remember that I can't forget that lesson.

KATYS POV

It was time to but Scarlett to bed. We were both in our pajamas and I was sitting on the couch with her in my arms. But whenever she isn't in my arms, I feel empty and lonely. I need someone to comfort me.

I walked up the stairs with Scarlett in my arms and went to my bedroom. I laid on my bed as Scarlett played with my wedding ring. She then put it in her mouth.

"No silly! We don't eat rings!" I said as I took it out of her mouth.

She makes my whole world light up. She's the only person who can never fail to make me happy. I love her so much. Words can't even explain my love for her.

Before I knew it, Scarlett was asleep in my arms. Her little face was close to my chest, as I felt her warm breath on me. I then fell asleep with her in my arms.

SORRY FOR THE BORING CHAPTER!😁