Chapter 26

Katy's POV

I kept laying on the couch, while John continued to stroke my cheek.

I looked up at him again and he looked down at me.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too. Thank You."

"Thank me? For what?"

"Being there for me."

"Oh don't be silly. I'll always be here for you. No matter what. I love you, and I want to grow old with you."

"I would like that too." I smiled.

"I'm sorry I lost our baby. This is all my fault. I should've been exercising more, and eating healthier. I messed up this whole thing."

"No you didn't. You were doing everything right, so don't make yourself feel guilty. It's just what happens sometimes. So don't do this to yourself. It's not fair."

---
Later that day, John and I decided to watch a movie. We both decided on Elf. Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up, and John and I love the holidays, so this movie will be perfect.

John slowly popped the DVD into the DVD player and walked back to the bed. He climbed into bed and rested his head on the headboard, pulling me into a warm hug.

Soon enough, we were well into the movie, and my eyelids started to get heavy.

I looked up at John, who was sleeping, and smiled. He was so cute. I kissed his lips softly and got up to turn the tv off, when I heard my phone ring.

"Shit." I snapped. I didn't really feel like waking John up, and I was super tired. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone.

It kept ringing when I finally decided to pick it up. Oh gosh. It was Angela.

"Angela. Really? What the hell do you want? It's 2 in the morning."

"Katy I'm sorry. Scarlett is really missing you. She cries every 2 hours and she keeps begging to go home."

"Can I talk to her?"

"Sure."

Angela handed Scarlett the phone and I heard her little innocent voice. It feels like it's been forever.

"Hi Mommy." She whimpered. My stomach fluttered hearing her voice. She makes my heart skip a beat sometimes. It's amazing knowing she's my daughter, and I'm her mother.

"Hey Honey. What's wrong?" I asked.

"I really miss you. I want to come home. Please come get me."

"I'll be right there. Don't worry."

She quickly hung up and I put on a rope and my slippers, then ran out to my car.

Then I felt a sudden presence behind me. My body froze and I turned around quickly.

"Katy. What are you doing out here? It's 2 in the morning."

I sighed heavily and put my hand on John's shoulder.

"Sorry. I thought you were a rapist or something. Angela just called me saying that Scarlett wanted to come home. I didn't want to wake you. But I have to go right now."

"I would've gotten her. You should've told me."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight. Just get in the car so we can go."

---
We arrived at Angela's house and Scarlett quickly ran out.

I unbuckled my seat belt and kneeled down on the ground, when I felt Scarlett's arms wrap around me.

"I missed you." She said into my ear.

"I missed you more. Let's go home. I have to talk to you." I replied as I kissed the top of her head.

She quickly climbed into the car and buckled her seatbelt. Both John and I got in and I waved to Angela, thanking her.

"So what did you do at Auntie Angela's?" I said as I started to drive.

"Nothing. Stella and I were playing with her toys, and Auntie Angela was reading, while Uncle Svend was at work."

"Well that sounds like fun!"

She shrugged and looked out the window, pressing her head against the cold window, watching the rain hit the ground.

I don't know how to explain this to Scarlett, because she won't know what's happening. It's going to be hard, because I'm still upset. I'm very happy with Scarlett right now, but I've always wanted another child...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue. A lot of you enjoy this fanfic so much. But when I'm done with this one, I might start a new one. But I'm not sure yet. I really love reading Jaty fanfics, so if you have any suggestions, please comment them!