Chapter 39

{John's P.O.V}

Today is Scarlett is going to kindergarten. I can't believe it's time. I've always thought of her as my little girl, who would never grow up, but now I'm finally snapping back into reality. I thought it was bad enough when she turned 5, and I wasn't even there for the first year of her life, but I don't like to think about that. I feel ashamed...

"Katy? Are you awake?" I asked, and kissed her shoulder.

She moaned softly and turned her body around to face me.

"Yeah." She replied in her raspy morning voice, and rubbed her eyes.

"Do you remember what day it is?"

"No." She said cutely, as she opened one eye.

"We'll get up. Because it's Scarlett's first day of Kindergarten."

"Aw fuck really?" She said quickly, as she got out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

Katy has really bad morning sickness, even though she only gets it once a week.

I knocked on the door to make sure she was okay.

"You okay in there Kate?"

She gagged a few times, and then threw up more.

"Ugh. Yeah I'm fine. I just need to shower."

"Okay but make it quick. We have to get Scarlett to school by 9:30."

"What time is it now?"

"Eight."

"Shit."

"Katy. Don't worry. You have time."

"Ugh." She replied as she turned on the shower.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and make you coffee. Get downstairs ASAP."

"Okay, John." She said, she must've been annoyed.

---

I went to Scarlett's bedroom, which was just down the hall, and opened the door.

"Hello? Scarlett?" I asked; she wasn't in sight.

"I'm in here!" She shouted, she was in her bathroom.

"Honey? Are your ready for school?" I asked as I knocked on the door lightly.

"Yeah. I'm already dressed." She replied as she opened the door.

"You look great. Now let me talk to you for a minute."

We sat on the eye of her bed, and I knew I had to give her some kind of fatherly like talk before she went to school.

I held her tiny little hands, and began to have flashbacks.

{FLASHBACK}

"C'mon baby girl come to Mommy!" I heard Katy say, encouraging our daughter to take her first steps.

One by one, she took each little step; her little feet tapping on the hardwood floors, as she waddled to Katy.

"John are you getting this?"

"Yeah. I've got my phone right here."

I took my phone out and unlocked it, as I tapped the camera app.

I hit the record button, and began to watch our daughter begin to walk.

Katy sprawled her hands out, motioning for Scarlett to come her way.

She finally reached Katy and it seemed that my whole life just seemed complete. I have a perfect life; not to sound conceded or anything, but I couldn't think it's true. I have the perfect family who supports me in every single way possible.

"John oh my god she did it!" Katy said excitedly as she picked Scarlett up.

"I know and I got it all of video!"

"Can you send it to me? I wanna post it on Instagram." She asks, looking down at my phone.

"Yeah. I would love to post it too."

"I love you." She says, as she puts our daughter on her hip and smiles.

"I love you too, and our beautiful daughter."

{END OF FLASHBACK}

"Listen Scarlett. You're my baby girl, and you'll always be. You mean everything to me and I wish you would never grow up. I want to let you know that Daddy loves you, and wants you to have a great time in kindergarten."

"Thanks Dad. I love you." She replies as she pulls me in for a hug.

I kissed her forehead and held her tight.

---

We all got in the car and drove Scarlett to school.

As we pulled into the parking lot, we saw all of the parents crying, and taking pictures of their little tots.

"This is making me nervous, John."

"Oh it won't be that bad." I say as I pull into a parking spot.

"Are you nuts? Our daughter is going to kindergarten!"

"I know. But it's something that each parent has to do. Now let's go say goodbye.

---

We all got out of the car and as soon as I turned around, Katy was on one knee, holding Scarlett in her arms.

But I just had to snap a picture.

---

"Katy let her go."

"No. I can't. I'm not letting my baby girl go."

"Mommy I'll be okay. Now I'm going to be okay." She said to Katy, as she held her hands.

"Ugh baby." Katy put her hand on Scarlett's cheek, and wiped away her tears.

"Dad can you tell Mommy to stop crying?"

"Oh stop crying babe. Let's go squirt!"

--

We got Scarlett into school and I have to admit it was tough, not into for Katy but a little for me too.

As we got into the car Katy began to cry again.

"I wish she could've stayed."

"Katy, all kids grow up. It's just like when she turned 5. Now let's go get something to eat, it will take your mind off of it."

Sorry for the short and cheesy chapter🙊 I have like no ideas left on my head. I'm trying to update as much as possible because I have to go back to school on Monday and I'm going to be super duper busy. But I want to give a few SHOUTOUTS!

katys_purrfect

AshleyAyscue

hannahlovesadele