Chapter 38

•A couple days later•

I woke up with Scarlett sleeping on top of my chest. She's adorable, but then I remembered last night. I really miss him, I mean, he's my husband. As I always say, I've been through this before, and it's harder when the other person doesn't make any effort to see you. And I know John would be right here if he could, but he can't.

---

The day went by very fast and Scarlett and I decided to watch a movie. John is supposed to be here any day now and both of us are really excited. Fans have been tweeting me everyday asking me when the baby is due, or what her name is going to be, and to be honest, John and I haven't even thought about that yet. Both of us have been very busy. I have the super bowl coming up right around when she's born, well a month or two after, but I have to do it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I can't just not take it. I also have the Grammys. And I'm hoping that I'll win something.

---

"Can we watch frozen?" Scarlett asked as she cuddled up to me in the couch.

"Aren't you getting a little tired of that movie?"

"No."

"Okay. But I'm probably gonna call daddy."

"Okay. I'll put it in."

While she put the DVD in, I dialed John's number and sat back down next to Scarlett.

But he didn't pick up.

I can't help but be a little disappointed. I mean I know he's busy but it wouldn't hurt for him to pick up once in a while. But he's probably too busy. After all, he probably does have a show tonight.

I sighed and rubbed my belly. Gosh, I can't wait until our whole family reunites. This baby is going to be so loved.

The movie went pretty well, but we still needed to eat dinner.

"What do you want for dinner, Scarlett?" I asked, as I shut off the tv.

"Pizza!"

"Alright. What do you want on it? Pepperoni or cheese?"

"Pepperoni!"

"Okay but you have to be patient because I have to order it."

"Okay."

I realize it must be so boring for Scarlett, as of being the only child. I feel bad but at least she's going to have a little sister. I'm so excited to have another baby. I remember how excited I was when David was born.

I really need to go shopping for the baby, because we don't have anything yet for her. We haven't even figured out her name yet. I'll probably just ask Johnny to go with me.

---

I heard the doorbell ring, and I then opened the door.

But I was shocked with what I saw.

"John?" I asked, my voice was shaking.

"I believe this is your order. For Katy?" He said, as he came inside, and ripped off his fake mustache and hat disguise.

I knew it so John; so I cupped his face with my hands and kissed him passionately, as I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"I'm so glad to be home." He whispered into my mouth; still kissing me

"I'm so glad that you're home John. I was getting worried." I whispered back.

He kissed me again and again, while putting down the pizza on the counter.