Chapter 47

"Hi Mommy." She whispers.

"Hello Scarlett."

Katy looked at me and I knew something was wrong.

"I missed you so much." Scarlett said as she hugged Katy.

I didn't know what Katy was about to say, but I know it wasn't going to be good.

"I'm so sorry. Could you just let me be for a bit?" She spat.

Scarlett looked at Katy. I knew she was confused. I would be too.

"C'mon Scarlett lets get going now."

"But I want to see Mommy!" She cried.

"We'll visit her in a few days. Let's go home baby girl."

"Fine." She replied stubbornly.

Scarlett ran out of the room screaming and crying. This isn't a very good situation that Im in. I have to choose now. My wife or my daughter.

I looked over at Katy, who was looking at me, speechless.

"John I'm so sor-"

"Forget it. Don't say it to me. Say it to our daughter. She doesn't deserve this you know."

I stormed out of the room and ran after Scarlett.

"Scarlett come back!" I yelled. She was already out of the hospital doors.

She stood still and looked back at me.

"Daddy."

"Scarlett..."

I finally caught up to her and we were face to face.

"What happened to Mommy?"

"I would explain it. But it's too complicated. Let's go home."

I picked her up and she put her head on my shoulder.

"It's going to be okay."

I stroked the back of her head with my hands, and kissed the side of her cheek.

{Katy's POV}

I don't know what I just did; but I know it was one of the biggest mistakes. I don't know how I got myself into all of this mess, but it's destroying my whole life. I don't know what to do.

I put my head in my hands and began to cry. I know Scarlett didn't deserve what I said, I was just overwhelmed. Next times I should just think things through. Now I destroyed her life too. What if I never get my memory back? I think I'm just going to go home with Angela or my parents. My husband and daughter don't even want to look at me.

"Katy honey is everything alright?" My father asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

He sat down at the edge of my bed and stared at me, looking confused.

"I messed up not only my life but my families' life too. John and Scarlett hate me."

"They don't hate you. What happened?"

"I met my daughter."

"And why is that so bad?"

"I didn't think it through enough. I told them to leave me alone."

"Oh Katheryn. They'll come back for you. It was a stupid little mistake."

"It didn't even sound that bad, but the way I put it really triggered them to get upset. I feel horrible."

"Did you try giving John a call?"

"No. It happened like 10 minutes ago. He wouldn't even answer my calls anyway. So there's no point."

"Don't be so down on yourself. I want you to get some sleep now. The first thing in the morning I want you to call John. Okay?"

"I can't."

"Yes you can. Goodnight Kate."

He kissed my forehead and left.

I ended up crying myself to sleep. I want to go home and pretend that none of this happened.