Chapter 56

2 days later

John still isn't back and I'm getting worried that he won't. What about Scarlett? I have no clue what to do now. I feel like this is all my fault, but I know deep inside I'm just blaming myself for doing absolutely nothing. My life is a complete joke.

________

"Good morning little Emma!" I cooed as I took her out of her bassinet.

Today we're being released from the hospital. They made us stay a little longer than usual, because the doctors thought Emma was a little premature, but it turns out she's fine. She was supposed to be born in February, but she was a little early.

"Katy? Are you in here?" My mother asked.

"Yes, Mom. What do you want?"

"Do you know where John is?" Se asked, she must be worried.

"No. We had a fight yesterday and he said he was going to get some air. He hasn't been back since."

"Oh no no no. This can't happen."

I shot her a confused look.

"Honey! I'm worried about you! And your family! You can't keep living like this! It's not normal and it seems to be screwing up your life. You're constantly worrying and stressing out over just keeping your relationship going. Look, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I think you should come live with you father and I for a while."

I sighed and thought about it. But I'll miss him so much. This is probably one of the hardest decisions I'll ever make.

"Scarlett is with your father at home. We already set up a crib for Emma. Please, Katheryn. This will be good for you."

"No, Mom. I'm going home. I need to find John. When I get released from here, I need you to watch Scarlett and Emma."

"When will you be back?"

"I'm going to do whatever it takes. But I promise I'll be back maybe tomorrow."

"That's my girl." She smiled.

I put Emma back in her bassinet and hugged my mother tightly, until I heard her crying.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I asked.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetie. You've become such a strong woman over the past couple of years. And I wanted to let you know I love you, and I'm going to support you in every single way."

"Thank you mom."

I hugged her one last time, and then she left to go back home.

________

"How are you feeling Miss Perry?" My doctor asked.

"I'm doing just fine."

"I just wanted to let you know that you can go home now."

"Okay. Thank you for all of your help!"

He closed the door and I then packed up all of my things.

The nurse wheeled me to my car and I buckled Emma into her car seat.

"All set?" The nurse asked.

"Yes. Thanks."

"No problem! Stay safe!"

I waved at her and started to drive to my parents house.

Right now all I'm thinking about is how I'm going to work this out.

________

"Thanks for taking them mom. I'll be back soon."

"No problem. Drive safely."

I got back into my car and sighed. But then my emotions started to take control. I feel like each day John and I are drifting more and more apart, and I can't keep living like this. This isn't only going to effect my life, it's going to effect my kids. Maybe not now, but in the future it will.

Tears started to form in my eyes, and I set my forehead on the steering wheel.

"C'mon Katy. You can do this." I said to myself.

I looked into the car mirror and wiped away my tears, as I took a deep breath. I suppose I'll just have to play the waiting game.

________

As I drive to our house, I started to have second thoughts. What if he completely ignores me?

I tried to stop thinking about all of the negative things that are going on right now, but is there even a bright side to this situation?

I slowly pulled into our driveway, when I realized his car isn't there.

There's no point in trying anymore. This relationship is a complete mess.