Chapter 23

John's POV
I really hope I'm okay. I mean, lately my throat has been awful. I need to take a trip to Las Vegas soon, because I need to sing while I can. But that means I'm going to be away from my pregnant wife, and my 5 year old daughter.

I can't really explain what it feels like to be away from my family. It makes my heart just ache. All I want is to be around my daughter, and show her a good example. Katy is pregnant again, and she needs me more than ever.

I just don't want to leave them.

But I have to. Or else I won't be able to support them anymore.

I was downstairs making breakfast, and getting ready for my flight later today, when Katy came walking down the stairs with Scarlett in her arms.

"Good Morning Loves!" I said.

"Morning!"

"Good Morning Daddy!"

"Good Morning Sunshine!"

She ran over to me and gave me a huge hug.

"Oh Daddy I don't want you to leave. Please don't leave me here. I want to be with you. Please!"

"But baby girl I have to! I want to stay here with you and mommy, but I can't. Daddy has to work."

"But I don't want you to!" She screamed.

"Scarlett. Enough!" Katy shouted.

She then ran up the stairs and went into her room.

Katy sighed heavily and shook her head.

"She's all yours." She said.

"But I have to leave."

"I know you do. That's what I mean. Go spend time with her while you can."

"Okay. Breakfast is on the table if you want it."

I quickly tip toed up the stairs and into Scarlett's bedroom.

I then knocked on the door.

"May I come in?" I asked.

"Is it Daddy?"

"Yes."

"Then yes."

I slowly opened the door and saw Scarlett laying on her bed holding Katy's teddy bear.

"Isn't that mommy's teddy bear?"

"Yeah. But she doesn't need it. She's an adult."

I sighed and sat down on her bed next to her.

"Come her pumpkin."

She got up and embraced me into a hug.

"Listen Sunshine, I'm going to be home soon. All you have to do is listen to what mommy says and I promise I'll be home soon."

"Okay." She replied in a disappointed tone.

I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back.

"Well I have to go. I'm going to say goodbye to mommy. Make sure you listen to her!"

"I will. Bye Bye Daddy."

"Bye."

Those words just hurt. Having to say goodbye to your daughter is just so heartbreaking. I just wish sometimes that I was normal. I could have a normal family, and a normal life, but no, my life is just a hectic mess.

I finished my thoughts and went down the stairs again. Katy was sitting at the island staring at me.

I walked over to her and she gave me a hug.