Chapter 31

"Night Guys! See you tomorrow!" I said, shutting the studio door.

I just finished recording, and I'm so tired. All I want to do is go home to John and Scarlett, and then sleep of course.

Christmas is coming and I'm so excited to spend time with my family, especially because I'm usually so busy touring, but at least I have a few years off.

---

I got in the car and started up my car, and drove home. But I had a craving for Taco Bell, so I just couldn't resist.

---

Once I got home, I opened the door, and the house was pretty much silent. The lights were off, and I couldn't see anything.

"John? Hello? Is anyone here?" I asked. I didn't want to scream, in case they were sleeping.

Then a pair of arms wrapped around me, and I let out a scream. I didn't know who it was, it case it wasn't John.

I turned around, and realized it was John. Thank God. I was getting scared for a second.

"Hey." I whispered, biting my lip.

"Hey." He replied, as he rubbed my shoulders.

He walked closer to me, and brought me in closer by my waist.

"I'm glad you're home."

"I am too. I've been at the studio all day. Uh... where's Scarlett?"

"She's sleeping. She's been sleeping for the past 4 hours. She was really tired after daycare today, so she basically got home, watched tv for a bit, and then I put her to bed."

"Well thank you. This baby is making me really tired, and hungry. So if you don't mind, I'm just going to eat and then go to bed."

"Oh... Alright." He replied, and walked upstairs.

I wonder what that was about. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to avoid him, because that's not what I'm trying to do at all. I just don't have the time anymore. Theres Christmas coming up, and the super bowl, and I'm recording every other day. I mean, I don't know what he expects. He doesn't seem to help with anything, besides Scarlett; but that's a completely different story.

I finished my Taco Bell, and then made my way upstairs.

**PLEASE PLAY SAY SOMETHING FROM THIS POINT ON**

I opened the door slowly, to see John laying on the bed, with his back facing away from me. I can tell he's mad at me, he just doesn't want to say anything. I know the little games he plays.

I decided to just let him be, because I have to work tomorrow, again. I hate working, and being away from my family, but it's a job that has to get done. And I think tomorrow Im going to take Scarlett with me, he seems like he wants nothing to do with her anyways.

Well, I guess I'm just going to go to bed. Each night we seem to drift further away from each other, and I don't know if he gets that I'm busy all the time.

I put on one of John's t-shirts, and got into bed, facing away from him. But something inside me told me I should say goodnight, and to not just leave him there. I turned over and placed my hand on his shoulder, noticing that he wasn't asleep yet.

"John?" I whispered.

"What?" He replied, not in a rude tone, but almost as if he was annoyed.

"Forget it. I'm sorry I bothered you."

I'm really disappointed. Not only in him, but in myself. I let our relationship drift away, even when John was trying to keep it going. This isn't his fault, it's mine. I mean I don't know how I'm gonna fix this. We have a daughter, and another child in the way. We can't separate. I need his help.

"I'm sorry John."

"Sorry for what?"

"Not being around lately." I turned back around and pulled the covers over my shoulders, looking at the ceiling.

"Don't worry about it sweets. We both have those times in our lives when we're busy. It's just how it works."

I hear him turning around facing me, and I turned back around.

He placed his warm hand on my cheek, and wiped away the tears that had escaped from my eyes.

"Don't cry." He whispered.

"It's hard not to."

"Come here."

He opened his arms, motioning for a hug, and I gladly gave him one. I needed one. His arms embraced me, making me feel safe.

"I'm sorry." I cried into his chest.

"Don't be. Listen, I know tomorrow you have to work but maybe we can go out for dinner after. I can have my brother take Scarlett. It will be fine."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now go to sleep babe."

He kissed me on the cheek and I ended up sleeping with my head on his chest.

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER! IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL😒 HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND REMEMBER TO

VOTE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW💕