Chapter 29

"Attention Everyone! John and I have an announcement to make!" Katy shouted.

I froze. What kind of announcement? Katy and I never planned on announcing anything. I'm just so confused right now.

I nudged Katy lightly.

"Katy? What are you doing?" I mouthed.

"Just listen." She groaned.

"John and I are pregnant!" She announced, with a wide grin on her face.

I'm in complete shock, I mean, Katy and I never intended to try again, I guess it just happened. It's been around 6 months. I would die for another baby.

She pulled me up by my arm, and I put a smile in my face. I'm ecstatic, but I'm just shocked. I would expect that she would tell me before telling the whole family.

Everyone stood up, clapping and cheering, while Katy stood there smiling; with one of her arms around my waist, and one on my chest.

Then I decided enough was enough and pulled her into a kiss.

Everyone stood in awe while Katy and I continued our kiss.

"Are you really?" I whispered, breaking the kiss.

"Would I be kidding?" She whispered back.

I kissed her again, and pulled back.

"It was time for another grandchild!" Katy's mother said.

Scarlett ran over and gave us a hug while everybody else sat down.

"So there is a baby?" Scarlett asked.

"Yes!" Katy exclaimed.

A bright smile appeared on her face. I haven't seen a smile like that in a while. She's perfect.

---

All of Katy's family sat down, talking about the baby and what not. The usual stuff. Names, genders, all of that stuff. Don't get me wrong, I adore children, but it's all Katy's family seems to talk about.

"What do you want the gender to be?" Katy's father asked us.

"I would love another girl." Katy stated.

"As long as it's healthy, I'll love the child no matter what. I would love a boy, but that's only because I'm a Mayer."

"That's my boy!" My mother chuckled. My mother has 3 boys, so she gets where I'm coming from.

I smiled and looked back at Katy, who was eating her food, stuffing herself.

"You okay there?" I said as I raised my brow.

"Yerf."

"What?" I asked.

"Yep. Just a little hungry."

We both laughed and enjoyed our meal. It was great getting the whole family together.

---

Once the whole family left, Katy and I started to clean up the house. There was food everywhere. Under the tables, on the walls, it was just all over the place.

"How did gravy get on the ceiling?" Katy asked.

"EW. I don't know. I'll get the cleaning lady to come tomorrow if you want."

"I'll get it. I need someone to lift me up so I can reach it."

I put Katy on my shoulders and she giggled, then cleaned up the remaining food.

"Done? You're really starting to hurt my neck."

"Yeah. I've been done for a while."

"Wow."

I let her down and she gathered the plates from the table and brought them to the dishwasher.

I suddenly peeked behind her and wrapped my strong muscular arms, around her tiny waist, and put my hands on her tiny baby bump.

She stopped doing the dishes and bit her lip.

"What are you doing?" She giggled.

"I don't know."

I lightly kissed her neck and headed back towards the dining room to finish cleaning.

Damn. I never realized how much I love Katy.