Chapter 19

"How is she?" John asked as he walked into the kitchen and sat down next to me.

"She's just a little tired. Maybe we should just stay in for the day. She's kinda pooped." I said.

"That sounds like a plan. I mean I would love to spend time with her too."

"Okay. Well I'm hungry. Can you get me cereal or something?"

"I can get McDonalds." he smirked.

"YES PLEASE." I said.

"Okay well I'll be right back." he said. He gave Scarlett a kiss on the forehead and left.

"Looks like it's just us again. But not for long this time." I said.

"M-Ma-Ma!" she squeeled.

"Haha yes baby girl!"

I carried her to the couch and cuddled her in my arms. She makes me so happy.

I breathed in her soft smell. The smell I will always remember. That sweet baby smell. It breaks my heart that before I know it, she won't be a baby anymore. Sure I can have another child, but that child will never be like my first. I also kind of have a connection with her. She helped me through my tough times. She comforted me. She was one of the only ones there for me.

The next thing I knew John walked into the house with the food.

"Here you go honey!" He waved the bag up in the air.

"Thanks. Can you take her for a minute?" I said.

"Yeah." he said as he reached out his arms.

I walked over to the island and got my food out. I began eating and just indulged in food. I haven't had food like this sine I was pregnant and ugh I miss it so much. But I also have to watch my weight.

"I'm going to take her upstairs. Okay?"

"Okay?" I mumbled with all of the food in my mouth.

He chuckled and went up the stairs.

I finished my food quickly and threw it in the trash.

I ran up the stairs and walked into our bedroom. I saw John on the bed throwing Scarlett up in the air. She giggled and John pulled her in close and brushed his nose against hers.

They were just laying there laughing.

I knocked on the doorframe.

"May I come in?" I giggled.

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry I didn't see you." he said as he sat up and placed Scarlett into his lap.

I sat down next to them and just stared at John looking into her eyes while Scarlett sat on John's chest. She took her hands and wrapped them around John's fingers.

"Ah boom!" John said as he made Scarlett jump.

"Hahahaha!" she giggled.

"Is that fun baby?" He said with a smile.

They kept playing and then John started to get tired.

"Oh that's enough for now." he said playfully.

"You guys are too funny." I said. They kind of have that special father daughter relationship. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have that experience. It's not that my mom isn't great, because she is, but my dad was the one who always supported my decisions. He might not have agreed with them, but he surely supported me and my career. I always used to dream about what it would be like to have a daughter, and I'm finally living the dream. With someone I love so much.

Scarlett put her head down on John's chest and closed her eyes.

"Is baby sleepy?" John said in a baby voice.

She nodded her head and fell asleep.

"Gosh I love her so much." John said as he turned his head to me.

"I know. She's special, isn't she?"

"Yeah. I just love her personality. She's such a playful and happy baby. She reminds me a lot of you. That beautiful smile, and those big sparkling eyes, and that precious little nose. This kid is all you." he said softly.

"Aw babe." I put my hand on his cheek.

I came in closer and pecked his lips.

I put my head against John's and looked down at Scarlett. I twirled my fingers around her curls and smiled.

John looked at me seriously. I looked from the corner of my eye and then turned to face him.

I could tell that he's just so happy. You could tell he really wanted this.

He turned my head with his fingers under my chin and brought me in closer.

He kissed me softly and looked back at Scarlett. He rubbed her back and laid his head back on the pillow. I put my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arm around both of them.

"Katy? Can I asked you something?" he whispered.

"Yeah Hun. What is it?"

"Did you ever see that necklace?"

"Uh yeah. I did." I said. I turned my body the other way. I knew I was going to cry. I didn't want him to see me.

"Oh honey I didn't mean to make you cry. Oh come on what's wrong?"

"Nothing. It just reminded me of our split up. I never want to go through that again."

"Trust me. You won't. I'm going to stay by your side. But where is it?"

"Uh...I'm not sure. Stay here. I think I know." I said as I got up.

I went over to John's nightstand drawer and opened it. I saw a tiny little box gathering dust.

"Here it is." I said as I handed it to him.

He opened the box and took out the shiny gold locket. I remember looking at it like it was yesterday.

"Come here." he said.

I kneeled down and almost broke into tears. He lifted up my hair and clasped the locker onto my neck.

"Now turn around."

I turned around as he look at the locker in a very sympathetic way.

"It's beautiful." I mouthed. I could barely speak.

"Oh Kate. Come here." He said.

Scarlett was awake and sat next to John.

I sat next to John on the edge of the bed and looked into his eyes.

He gave me a hug. The kind of hug that I haven't had in a long time. I really needed it.

"Thank you." I whispered into his hair.

"You don't have to thank me." He sighed.

I pulled away and sighed. I wiped away my tears and saw Scarlett giggle which made me laugh.

"Silly girl!" I tickled her.

I'm not going to update for a while! I'm really busy so...sorry😌but please comment if you have any ideas for the next chapter!