Chapter 25

"Katy listen. Just listen to me. You don't have to do what I say, but all I've asking is for you to listen. Kate, I'm just as sad as you are. I lost that child too, it wasn't just you. It kills me to know that we had a miscarriage, but these things happen all the time. Some couples can't even conceive one baby, never mind 2. When you recover, we can always try again, or if that doesn't work, we could just stop, and just be happy with Scarlett. I love you so much, and I really hope that this situation can only make us stronger. The only thing we can do right now is wait, and have patience. I'm sorry this happened, I really am, but it's not your fault. And I want you to remember that."

She sighed and put the six pack of beer back down on the counter, as she huffed. She then ran to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I just stood there, while she cried more into my shoulder. I slowly rubbed her back, when my eyes started to burn, and tears formed in my eyes.

"Thank you John." She cried.

"It will be alright. Now, you just have to remember that this is not your fault. Things happen like this all the time, and you can only become a stronger person from this." I said, putting my hands around her waist.

"I love you." She whimpered.

I pulled away and placed both of my hands on the sides of her face.

I stared into her gorgeous ocean blue eyes. But suddenly I could see everything crystal clear. You can tell by someone's eyes, how they're feeling. Katy's eyes are screaming sadness, and despair, and hatred.

She looked up at me with a more serious look on her face, and then back to a depressed and sad looking face.

"Katy. I'll always love you. Unconditionally. No matter what happens, or how many bumps we hit, that will never stop me from loving you. You're the love of my life, and I'll never let you go like I did before. I'm sorry this happened, and if I could fix it, I would, but situations like these I can't fix, only our hearts can fix it."

"Oh god John." She cried.

She then took my face and pressed her lips against mine. Our foreheads touched and we just kept kissing, and kissing, for what felt like an eternity.

"I...love...you." She said in between kisses.

"I...love...you...more." I replied.

She then pulled away and stared at me again, she wrapped her legs around my waist and hugged me tighter.

I let her down and pecked her lips once again.

"I texted Angela and she said she could take Scarlett for a night or two, so you could have a break."

"Thanks." She muttered.

"I just wished none of this happened." She huffed, and sat on the couch.

I joined her on the couch and she laid her head down on my lap, while I stroked her hair.

Katy just stared at the wall, without even blinking. She seems almost lifeless. I'm the same way. But I can't worry about myself right now. I have to worry about Katy. Her eyes batted slowly, taking away the dryness of her eyes, her eyelashes moving up and down, and then turned her head, eventually staring at me in the eye.

Her light breathing became heavier, and then closed her eyes, trying to fight back her tears, it was getting harder for her to breathe, and she continued to look up at the ceiling, her soft lips started to quiver.

At times like this, all I can do for her is let her get all of her emotions out, and I have to do the same for myself.

I bent my head down, so our faces were touching, she stared into my eyes, she almost looked cross eyed, and her cold hand touched my warm cheek.

Her warm, cuddly face, turned gray, and pale, crumbling into a million pieces, like shards of ice. Her nostrils flared and she sighed heavily, her heart seemed like it was turning cold, and she was breaking, trying to hold on, but fell, and keeps falling. She's always trying to push herself back up, but sometimes it doesn't work, she seems to keep her head above the water, even when she's almost drowning.

She then let out a soft cry, which eventually got louder and louder, making the whole house echo with her cries of disparity.

"Shhh." I whispered, trying to calm her down. I put my warm hand on her forehead and lightly kissed the top of her head. "It will be fine Katy. I promise." I kept saying, trying to reassure her we could get through this.

"No it won't John. Are you fucking crazy? Do you even know how sad I am right now? And you don't even give a shit."

I pushed myself up from laying back on the couch and got into a sitting position, Katy looked up at me with an innocent frown.

I pulled her in close and stared into her eyes, making her look down at her hands.

"Look at me." I whispered.

She slowly looked up at me, with her crystal blue eyes, that made me melt.

"Don't stand in the way of your light, Kate. Don't let this destroy you. Keep your light. Don't lose it."

"How?" She managed to ask. Her voice seemed to crack, and her eyes red and puffy from crying.

"We'll find a way. Together. Let's just have hope. Keep the light shining."

A/N
I don't know if I'm going to continue this story. I haven't been getting a lot of reads lately, so I might just delete it, and start over. But I'm not sure yet.