Chapter 58

The cold, hard rain hit the top of my head as I walked back to my car, which was unfortunately about a half a mile away.

I kept my head down, trying to avoid the rain that was dripping down my body. When I heard a voice. But not just any voice.

"Katy?!" John shouted.

I continued to walk to my car, which was now just about 50 feet away. I could hear him panting and running after me as fast as he could. so I decided to run.

My face boiled with anger as I ran faster and faster.

"Katy please! Let me explain!"

I stopped and looked back at him, who finally caught up.

"There's nothing to explain, John. You told me to meet you here 3 hours ago. And you never did. I'm done." I spat. My voice became a little shaky and weak by the time I was done talking. And it's not just that, but he never seems to get it in his head.

A tear escaped my eye, as he walked closer and closer to me.

"I got stuck at work." He muttered.

"So you didn't have time for your own wife and two daughters? You're pathetic. So excuse me while I go take care of your kids."

I started walking again, when he pulled my arm back.

"Don't touch me!" I demanded.

He let go of my arm and looked at me in the eye.

"Just let me explain."

"Why should I? How many chances am I supposed to give you?" I laughed. "You obviously left me for a reason. Is there something wrong?"

"I'll tell you at your car."

"F--Fine." I stammered.

We walked back to my car, in the pouring rain.

"So what do you want to tell me? I really have to go."

"I got nervous. Okay? I was nervous and confused."

"Nervous over what?" I huffed.

"Being a father again. I was worried I was going to do everything wrong. And fuck everything up just like I did with Scarlett. I missed the first year of her life. And I was just worried I would disappoint you. I was so confused over your memory and how all of a sudden you gained it back. Look, all I want is you. And our beautiful family, that we created together. I will do whatever it ta-"

I cut him off, by kissing him passionately.

He pinned me against the car as I tugged at his hair.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and pressed my index finger against his lips.

"Shhh."

I kissed him again and again, while the rain soaked our bodies.

He pulled away, and smiled at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I giggled.

"Because you're so beautiful."

He traced his thumb over my bottom lip and then under my chin.

"I'm completely in love with you."

And that's the exact same way I love him. Completely.

Okay so the book ends here! The next book is up! Thanks for reading!