Chapter 16

Scarlett was now 11 months old and she has grown up so fast. It's hard to believe I gave birth to her almost a year ago. She's grown so much.

I woke up to the sound of Scarlett giggling in her room. It was so cute hearing her laugh.

I got out of bed and walked slowly down the hall to her room.

"What are you laughing about silly?" I said in a baby voice.

She looked up at me and brought herself up to stand by pulling on the crib bar.

"Look who's standing now?" I clapped my hands as I laughed.

"Hehehe!" She smiled her 2 bottom teeth smile.

"How's my baby girl doing?" I said as I picked her up.

She squirmed her arms motioning I get down.

I put her down and she crawled to her toy box to get a toy.

"Let me get that for you honey." I said as I lifted up the toy box.

She grabbed her favorite toy from the box. It was the stuffed mermaid doll that I bought her recently. She really enjoyed it.

"Is that fun?" I chuckled.

She crinkled her little nose and giggled even more.

"We should go eat some breakfast. C'mon babes."

I lifted her up and carried her on my side as I walked down the stairs.

I walked to the kitchen and put her in her high chair.

"Let's see here. What do you want to eat?"

"Nanas!" she screeched.

"Bananas?! That sounds yummy!" I said.

I went to the fruit bowl and picked a banana. I then walked over to the counter and cut it into small pieces. I got Scarlett a little bowl and placed the banana pieces in it.

"Here you go. Don't eat all of them at once."

I went back to the fridge and got some milk out. I poured it into a little sippy cup and gave it to her.

"Eat up! We're going shopping today for your party! You're turning 1 tomorrow!"

Her little fingers picked up each banana piece one by one. She eventually ate the whole plate and drank her milk.

I poured myself some cereal and sat down at the island next to her high chair. When I was done eating, I placed our dishes into the sink.

"Let's go get ready." I said.

I picked Scarlett back up and went upstairs with her in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and put her head on my shoulder.

"Aw baby girl." I said as I ran my fingers through her golden brown curls.

I went upstairs to her bedroom and got her changed in a mint green onesie with a monkey on it and some silver polka dot leggings. I combed her hair and put it in a bow on the top of her head.

I brought her over her mirror and she giggled.

"Who's that? Is that Scarlett?" I said as I tickled her.

Her little giggle just made my heart melt.

I then brought her into my room so I could get changed. I put her on my bed and went to my closet. I picked out a floral loose tank top and skinny jeans with my combat boots. I put my ray-bans on and put my hair into a side braid.

"Ready to go loves?" I said.

She just smiled as I picked her up and brought her back downstairs.

I walked out the door and put her into her baby seat. I put the stroller into the trunk and drove out.