Chapter 33

Today John and I have the appointment for the baby, and we're super excited to find out what the gender is. I know I'm only having one, and not twins, so that's good. I don't think I could handle 3 kids anyway, but it would be nice to think about.

---

I'm a little bigger than usual, which is okay. But I'm pretty sure it's because it's the holidays and all I do is eat.

"Katy and John?" The nurse asked.

We both stood up and held onto each other's hands. John and I have been through a lot with kids. You know... having a miscarriage, and me not wanting a baby at first. But I've learned that Scarlett makes me happy, and I should leave the past behind.

---

It was time to find out the gender of the baby, and I'm a little nervous.

The doctor placed the ultrasound on my stomach, and I looked up at John, who looked like he was about to cry. I saw his hand resting right next to me, and I grasped it, and he looked back down at me.

"It will be okay. Don't cry."

"It's hard not to. I just can't believe we created this; this little human being. It's amazing."

I smiled and looked back at the screen.

"John; Katy. It looks like you'll be having another girl. Congratulations!"

"Oh brother." I giggled.

"It's alright. I love little girls. Scarlett is going to be so happy!" John exclaimed.

"I'm glad you're happy. Now let's get going."

---

We walked out of the doctors office and it was pouring rain.

"Ugh. Really?"

"It's alright, because I can do this."

John then pulled me closer by the waist and pressed his lips against mine.

I pulled away and stared into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"I love you."

"You love who you love." He whispered back.