Chapter 24

Katy's POV
I can't wait to be back with John, and the new baby is getting me really excited. John and I have always wanted to expand our family, but we were never sure when the right time was going to be.

It was now 2:45 and I went downstairs to see Scarlett playing with her toys.

"Scarlett honey?" I asked.

"Yeah Mommy?"

"I have a surprise for you!"

"What is it?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?"

"No!" She giggled.

"Now, put your toys back in the toy chest. We have to get in the car."

She did what I said and then put her jean jacket on.

"Ready?"

She nodded and I picked her up. I brought her to her car seat and buckled her seatbelt.

I then walked around to the drivers seat and got in and started up the car.

I slowly pulled out of the driveway and started to drive to the airport. My hands were shaking. I have no clue why, I guess I'm just a little excited about seeing him again. I can't wait to be back in his arms.

"Are we there yet?" Scarlett asked.

"Does it look like we're there yet?"

"No." She said in disappointment.

I continued to drive and then finally pulled into the airport parking lot. Scarlett has never been here before, so she doesn't know where we are.

"Alright. We're here!" I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Where are we?"

"You'll see."

She got out and we walked hand in hand into the airport.

I quickly looked to check the time on my phone. It was about 3:30, so John will be getting out soon.

Suddenly, all of the people got out of the plane, and I kept my eye out for John.

Scarlett had her head on my stomach, she's overwhelmed with how many people are in here, and all of the noise.

"Okay Honey. You can look up now." I said.

She shot her head up and gave me a frown.

"Where's the surprise?"

"Here. Maybe I should lift you up."

I lifted her up and put her on my hip.

"I...I don't see anything."

"Look. It's Daddy!" I said as I pointed to John in the distance.

She jumped out of my arms and ran to John. He quickly eyed Scarlett and got down on her level. I was still standing far away, but I slowly walked over to them. John embraced Scarlett and put his head over her shoulder.

"I missed you." He whispered.

"Oh Daddy please don't leave again. I missed you too." She cried.

"Scarlett don't cry. Daddy's here."

He rubbed his hand on the back of her head and cooed into her ear.

"Shhhh. It's okay." He cooed.

She let go and looked at John. Her eyes were all red and puffy, but she managed to put a smile on her little face. That's my little girl right there.