Chapter 41

The man was tall that had curly black greasy hair, and tan skin. As he got closer, I knew...

Russell.

"GO THE FUCK AWAY RUSSELL NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE!" I spat.

"You asked for my help." He smirked.

"Yeah, before I knew it was you. Now get away from us."

I was near the back entrance of the theatre fighting with Russell, while Katy was still by the car.

"Look. My WIFE needs me and you're certainly no help. Please stay away. Or I'll file a restraining order."

"Oh you little John Mayer. You just use Katheryn for your little games. I know you. Katy doesn't love you. Who do you think you are?"

With that said I walked away, and he did the same.

"Who was that?" Katy asked.

"Russell." I muttered.

"GET THAT BASTARD AWAY FROM ME NOW!" Katy yelled.

"Don't worry. He's gone."

"Ouch! That really hurt!"

"There's only one thing left to do. No one else is here."

I looked on the side of the building, and there were several bricks laying on the ground that looked like they were never put into the building when it was made.

I grabbed one and ran back to the car.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." She replied as she readjusted her position.

I threw the brick as hard as I could at the car window and it shattered in a million glass pieces; but I didn't care. Id do anything for Katy.

"What the hell was that for John?!"

"I'm getting my phone so we can get you help."

"Oh my god..." She sighed. "You're absolutely insane."

I ignored what she said and quickly dialed 9-1-1 with my shaking hands.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Hello, uh my wife. I don't know if she's in labor or not. The baby isn't due for another month, and she claims to be having pains all day. She just fell, and she's on the ground. Just please. Help."

I told her the rest and looked down at Katy.

"You sounded like a complete dork." Katy laughed.

"I'm sorry. I just love you so much. Don't ever forget that." I whimpered as I got down on the ground.

She smiled, trying to stop the tears that were forming in her eyes.

I placed my hand in her cheek, and wiped away the tears with my thumb.

The next thing I knew; in a blink of an eye, Katy was in the ambulance. Her face was pale, and her curly jet black hair fell from the sides of the bed. Her light blue eyes looked dull, and her lips were purple and cracked. She looked over at me, and only me. She didn't blink, she didn't cry; she had no emotion.

Then her eyes shut.

"It looks like she passed out! Let's get a breathing mask on her stat!" The ambulance guy yells.

They placed the breathing mask around her mouth and nose. And I knew that this day will be a day that I will stay in my mind forever. I don't want to lose her.

"Katy... Please. Stay with me. Please." I begged.

Tears began to roll down my cheeks, as I held her hand close to my heart.

I rubbed her forehead with my thumb and cried more. But I can't cry. I have to be the strong one here. So does she...

She slowly took her breathing mask off, and opening her eyes a little.

"Please. Say something." I whispered.

"John I-"

Then it hit me. Knowing that those could be the last words she'll ever say to me, makes my heart hurt. I can't lose her. I won't lose her.

And her eyes shut again.

The ambulance placed the breathing mask over her mouth and nose before she could speak again.

The way to the hospital was full of drama, and crying. What am I supposed to do without her? She's the love of my life. This can't happen. It just can't.

We arrived at the hospital and they rushed Katy into the main doors.

I held her hand and walked with the doctors through the hall.

"One. Two. Three!" The doctors shouted as they carried Katy onto a hospital bed.

They wheeled Katy down to her room, and pushed me out.

"What? You can't do this! That's my wife! Please let me go in!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry sir. You can't." The nurse told me.

I got down on my knees and cried. Katy's parents don't even know about this, and I don't even know what's going on.

But I had to call them.

I went through my contact list and clicked on Mary's cell phone, and put the phone up to my ear.

They're going to be so disappointed in me. I made a promise to them. I'd keep Katy safe, and I'd never let her get hurt. But I broke that promise.