Chapter 44

"John? What's wrong? Where's Katy?" Mary asked.

I decided to go back into the waiting room. There's nothing I can do now despite the fact that she doesn't even know who I am. I've done everything I could, but I failed.

"Please just leave me alone. I need sometime to think."

"Alright. I'll leave you your space. Is Katy okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it. But she's alive. Thank God."

"Oh my goodness that wonderful. I'm going to go check on her if you don't mind."

"I'll be here."

{Mary's POV}

I'm so thankful. My daughter is still alive. It's such a relieving feeling knowing that she's still here. I knew she could do it. My daughter is such a strong person. She never gives up, and is sometimes very stubborn; but in a good way. She won't give up on something until she gets it, and that's what I love about her.

---

I slowly opened her door, and peeked into it.

"Katy? Are you awake?"

"Who's there?!" She shouted.

I walked into her room and she was laying there crying.

"Oh. Mom."

She seemed quite disappointed which I find kind of odd.

"Honey oh my gosh." I said as I sat down in her bed and hugged her.

"I'm so confused, Mom."

Her eyes were swollen and red, and her cheeks were stained from tears.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

I got on the bed next to her and held her close. She then began to cry again.

"I have a husband?! And I'm pregnant?! And I have a 5 year old daughter named Scarlett?!" She cried.

Then it hit me. Katy must've suffered from brain damage when she had her surgery.

"Honey. You don't remember?"

"No. I don't. I'm so confused, and overwhelmed. I don't know what to do." She whimpered.

"Well what do you remember?"

"I don't know. I remember my family. But just you guys. A man came in and told me he was my husband, and we have a daughter. I think his name with Jack or something like that. I don't know."

"Oh my gosh." I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do! Please help me."

"It will be okay baby girl. Just give yourself some time. You have to think this through. I know it's a lot of pressure being put on you right now but you have to make a decision. You can come live with your father and I for a while, or you can go live with John and your family."

"I just don't know. All I remember is writing my album. Prism? I think that's what it's called; and being in this huge relationship. I remember being so in love. I wanted to marry him and have a family. But I just don't remember anything more."

"Don't worry. I'm sure your memory will be back soon. Only time will tell."

"What if it doesnt? What are my fans going to do now? They must be so worried..."

"You're right Katy. Your fans love you so much. Now try to get some rest."

I got up and slowly walked out of the room.