Even brother-in-law rivalry- Shiningsun/Lona

In the region of Alola, two friends were having lunch at a little dinner.

"Can you believe this is our last year at the Pokémon school?" Lillie asked her friend, Moon. "It's crazy how much has changed."

"True, but at the same time, a lot has stayed the same." Moon replied, a certain someone coming to mind.

"Yeah." Lillie agreed, thinking of her own secret crush. She then glanced back to Moon and saw this affection smile on her face as she stared off into space. "So, are you finally going to tell me who this guy is? Don't deny it either, because I know there is someone."

"What? No, no, there isn't anymore!" Moon waved her hands wildly, a bright blush on her face.

"Your blush would say otherwise." Lillie retorted. Moon looked down at the table, embarrassed. "Are you really not going to tell me? Come on Moon, we are best friends, you can trust me with this."

"Well...it's not that I don't trust you...it's just..." Moon took in a deep breath. "Oh fine, it's Gladion."

"What? You have feelings for Gladion?" Lillie beamed.

"Yeah, but promise you won't say anything. If he is going to know, it should be from me." Moon muttered.

"Oh my goodness! I have so many questions. How long have you felt that way about him? When are you going to tell him? Can I help plan the wedding? How many kids do you think you two are going to have?" Lillie exclaimed.

"Woah, woah, woah! I haven't even told him, let alone planned for a life with him." Moon defended. "And...I wasn't ready planning to tell him anytime soon."

"What! Why not? It can't be that hard." Lillie crossed her arms.

"Oh?" Moon raised an eyebrow. "And when, exactly, was the last time you confessed to someone?" Lillie instantly shut her mouth. "That's what I thought."

"Still, I say it can't be that hard." Lillie argued.

"Fine, if you think it isn't so hard, let's make a bet then. If you confess to the one you love, I'll confess to mine. Do we have a deal?" Moon offered her hand to seal the deal.

"We have a deal." Lillie shook her hand. "On a related note, does you brother have a girlfriend?" Lillie asked innocently.

"No way. You have a crush on Sun? Oh my gosh! You are aware of the huge rivalry between our brothers, right?" Moon groaned.

"Yeah. I guess that's part of why I haven't said anything." Lillie giggled. "But this does not change a thing. We shall still confess and if they feel the same way, they will just have to accept it."

"I guess so." Moon laughed.

With the discussion of their crushes out of the way, they talked of other things until it was time to leave. They headed home, Lillie with a mixture of excitement and fear, but Moon was full of dread about the outcome of admitting her true feelings.

The next morning, Lillie was up early getting ready and encouraging her self to confess.

"You can do this Lillie. Confessing it's that hard. Kiawe did it with Mallow and look how happy they are. Sure, in most cases the boy is the one to declare his love, but today, things are going to be different!" Lillie spoke aloud to her mirror.

Just as Lillie opened her bedroom door, she nearly bumped into Gladion.

"Oh, good morning Gladion." Lillie greeted.

"Morning." Gladion returned the greeting. "What are you doing up so early during school break?"

An idea suddenly popped into Lillie's mind and she smiled. "I was just going out. Would you please join me?"