Nothing better- Lonashipping

It was a pleasant day in the Alola region. The sun shining bright and a cool breeze blew by. Many of the inhabitants of these islands took full advantage of such a day, and Gladion was no exception.

He was out for a walk with his Silvally trotting along beside him. Gladion took the opportunity to take in the nice scenery. He didn't do it often, but enjoyed it regardless.

Gladion passed the meadow and that's when he spotted Moon. He paused a moment as when he saw her. She was unusually still, and was just sitting under a tree, amongst the flowers playing with a few of her smaller Pokémon.

"Hey Gladion!" Moon waved to him. "Come join me." She motioned for him to come over.

"Nah, that's ok." Gladion replied, but Silvally pushed him towards her. "What's with you?" Gladion questioned his Pokémon.

Silvally just continued pushing his trainer over to the waiting girl. Once close enough, Silvally layer himself down near Moon's Pokémon.

"I thought you said you no." Moon teased.

"It seems Silvally had other plans." Gladion grumbled as he glared at Silvally, who simply rolled his eyes.

"Well since your here, come sit." Moon patted the spot next to her. "There's nothing better than a nice day with a friend."

"I could think of something better." Gladion muttered as sat down beside her.

"Such as?" Moon questioned.

Gladion's eyes widened. He hadn't expected her to actually hear him. Now he actually had to come up with a different answer. There was no way he could tell her what he was really thinking.

"A day with someone you love." Gladion answered.

Ok, maybe he could tell her.

"Oh! So there is someone out there that has actually managed to captured your heart?" Moon chimed.

"Maybe." Gladion blushed.

"Who is she? What is she like? Do I know her?" Moon interrogated.

"Can we talk about something else?" Gladion asked.

The last thing he wanted right now was to admit to her his true feelings. Moon was one of his closest friends, and he wasn't about to ruin that with a silly confession.

"Fine, but don't think I won't bring it again. I will find out eventually." Moon assured.

"I'm sure you will." Gladion chuckled. "But let's save that for another time."

"I guess it can wait. Let's just enjoy the day." Moon smiled as she leaned back against the tree.

Gladion did the same and went back to enjoying the beautiful day. He also took the opportunity to steal a glance at Moon whenever he was sure she wasn't paying attention. Moon really was a wonderful girl, and he was grateful each day that she forced herself into his life.

After a bit, Gladion felt a light pressure on his shoulder. It was Moon. She had fallen asleep on him. At first, Gladion was a bit stunned, but relaxed. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her a bit closer. Though he was very careful not to wake her up.

"Yeah, nothing better than this." Gladion sighed happily.

Little did he know, Moon was not really asleep. As much as Moon tried, she couldn't keep the smile off her face. This was too perfect.

"I think you might be right." Moon sudden announced. Gladion stiffened. Did she understand what he meant? "Although, their might be something a bit better than that."

"O-oh y-yeah?" Gladion stuttered. "What's th-that?"

Gladion refused to turn to her. He was sure his face was bright red. He still could not believe this was happening. He had been so careful. How could he possibly get himself out of this?

Then he felt her moving. She was coming higher and closer to his face. He tried not to look, but his curiously got the better of him. He turned just as she leaned in to kiss his cheek, but what happened was much better. Their lips met and it was a truly magical moment.

"Now I think you are right. There is nothing better than that." Gladion smiled.

"So, I'm the one you love?" Moon smiled cheekily.

"There is no one else that it could ever be." Gladion replied.

"Well that's good, because I love you too." Moon playfully poked his nose. Gladion pulled her in for another quick kiss. "What was that one for?" Moon giggled.

"Just double checking. Yes, there is still nothing better than that." Gladion remarked.

Moon giggled once again and snuggled back into her previous spot. The two continued to relax together. After all, nothing is better than being with the one you love.

THE END!!!