Protective- Lonashipping

On the island of Melemele Moon and Gladion were on a walk in the woods. Original, Gladion had gone on the walk alone, but Moon insisted on tagging along. Not that he minded, but he didn't tell her that. At the moment, Moon was just taking and talking about everything and nothing.

"So then Hau told me, that he never went a day without eating at least one malasada." Moon giggled. "Can you believe it?" Gladion shook his head to answer. "Hey Gladion?"

"Yeah?" Gladion replied.

"Do you-" Moon began.

"Shh." Gladion interrupted, holding an arm out in a protective manner.

"What is it?" Moon whispered as she peered over his shoulder. Gladion remained silent, just listening. "Gladion?"

"Moon, you need to run." Gladion replied.

"What?" Moon asked, shocked.

"Run." Gladion urged and grabbed a Pokeball from his belt.

"No, if you are going to fight, then I'm standing by you." Moon guaranteed, also grabbing one of her own Pokéballs.

"Oh look who it is?" A team skull grunt grumbled. "The banana head and the whiny pipsqueak."

"What did you just call us!" Moon boomed, offended.

Gladion held her back, but added "What do you want?"

"I thought you'd never ask, how about a battle? My Pokémon could use a nice stretch before they really work out later." He remarked, slyly.

"Fine." Gladion spat, bringing Moon even further behind him.

"Not so fast. I want both of you to battle." The grunt stated.

"Ok, I accept the challenge." Moon answered.

So the battle began. At first, it seemed like Gladion and Moon were winning, but the grunt had a few sneaky tricks up his sleeve. He sent one of his Pokémon to attack Moon, but Gladion noticed.

About an hour later, Moon and Gladion were in his hotel room. Gladion was sitting on his bed, as Moon bandaged his arm. She was absolutely silent as she worked, not daring to make a sound.

"Moon?" Gladion broke the silence. Moon's hands started shaking, but she didn't reply. "Are you ok? I know that this is a lot, but-"

"Why did you do that?" Moon suddenly asked, her voice hushed.

"What?" Gladion questioned.

"Why did you do that!" Moon exclaimed, tears threatening to fall. "You could have been hurt, really bad."

"You were in danger. What was I supposed to do? Just let you get hit by his Pokémon and be hurt." Gladion argued.

"Yes!" Moon shouted, letting her emotions get the better of her. Moon's gaze finally laying on Gladion's face. His visible cheek was covered by a bandage and there where small slashes on his clothes. "You shouldn't be hurt, especially because of me. I...I can't stand to see you hurt..." she whimpered. "You are far more important than me."

"Not to me." Gladion muttered under his breath, not intending her to hear.

"What?" Moon asked.

"Nothing." Gladion retorted. "I just didn't think you cared that much about me."

"You...don't think..." Moon whimpered, her eyes glistening with tears ready to burst, and her lower lip quivering. "...I care...about you."

"I-I didn't mean it like that." Gladion stuttered. "It's just, I can't imagine to many people find me the best company. So I didn't think anyone would really care so much...about someone like me."

"Gladion, I really like you." Moon confessed, averting her gaze. A few tears falling down her face. "I know you hardly see me as a friend, but I really care about you. I don't like to see you hurt. Please don't do that again."

Gladion stared at the girl before him, shocked by what he just heard. He never thought she felt that way about him.

"Moon?" Gladion asked. "Can you look at me, please?"

Moon gave a quick glance, but couldn't fully look at him. Gladion took a step towards her, and gently used his hand to bring her face back to him. Several tears had run down her cheeks by now.

"G...Gladion." Moon whispered.

"Moon, I don't ever want you to think that I don't care about you, because I really do. You are so bubbly, sweet, nice, adorable, and somehow you managed to get ahold of my heart." Gladion admitted.

"So...you like me too?" Moon asked, her voice still very shaky.

"Yeah." Gladion replied.

Moon smiled. She then stood on her tiptoes and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. Before her heels could return to the floor, Gladion rapped his hand arm around her and kissed her lips. Moon was a bit surprised by the bold action of the usual quiet teenager, but kissed him back. When they parted, they just held each other.

"Hey Gladion?" Moon questioned.

"Yes Moon?" Gladion replied.

"Don't ever do something like that again." Moon warned.

"Hey, I'm a guy and I want to protect what's mine. Besides, I can pull of the injuries a lot better than you can." Gladion chuckled.

"Even so, I don't want to see you hurt." Moon chirped.

"I'll try." Gladion promised.

"Good. Now can we go somewhere and do something fun?" Moon asked.

"Sure, let's go." Gladion answered, a smile curved up his lips.

"Yay!" Moon cheered and dragged him out of the hotel room.

THE END!!!