06 | confident

06 | confident

"Spider-Boy, Spider-Boy" she sang, sitting on a relatively high building and looking out over the rooftops. "Hey, That sounds cool. Does whatever a spider can."

She shoved the shawarma into her mouth and looked down at her mobile watch as it started ringing.

She tapped it "hello?"

"Thea, hey." It was MJs voice.

"MJ?" Athena questioned after swallowing down her shawarma. "How did you, Uh—?"

"Ned and Peter gave it to me." She answered nervously.

"Oh."

"Yeah. Uh, so I was wondering if you wanted to come to this debate convention with me next weekend? It's a lot to do with mythology and you're the only person I know who's really into that."

Athena smiled. It was like she'd made her first school friend and that made her extremely happy. "Yeah, sure, Miss Jones. I'd love to."

"Great." Said the brunette "I thought I'd ask you now incase I had to find someone else. Also, I identify as a 'he' so it's Mr Jones to you."

Athena chuckled "of course, but look, MJ, I have to go so I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Yeah, sure. Bye."

"Bye."

Athena pressed the red button before seeing the blue screen on the watch fade away. She had no idea what she could have missed whilst she was talking to the girl so she bolted her head up and looked back out at the buildings.

Immediately, she caught sight of the webslinger sitting on the rooftop hundreds of metres ahead of her. The girl stood up, getting ready to use her magic to fly over and then realising something...

she wasn't wearing her suit.

'No one can find out who you are' Natasha's voice rang through her head. Athena sighed dramatically, realising that if it was a teenager, then they'd possibly recognise her clothing.

She cursed herself for forgetting her suit before sitting back down and munching on her shawarma.

At least now, she'd had a sighting of him.

—————

Unknown Number
Hey, it's Peter.
Peter Parker.

Athena looked down at her phone when she heard the two buzzes. She picked it up from the table in the quiet cafè before reading it.

She smiled, feeling weird in her stomach again before quickly changing the contact name to Peter Parker.

Thea
Peter, hey!
Thought you'd never message me

Peter Parker
So, you were waiting for my message? ;)

The girl furrowed her eyebrows. That was the most confident thing he had ever said to her, even if it was through text.

Thea
Wow, someone got brave over night.

Peter Parker
Well, you know what they say...

Thea
What?

Peter Parker
Nothing, I'm just more confident over text.

Athena chuckled quietly, sinking into the chair of the café before typing back quickly.

Thea
Most inconvenient time, I'm doing homework.

Peter Parker
Are you at home?

Thea
No

Peter Parker
Then it's not homework

Athena smiled, before replying 'it's work'.

She placed her phone down on the table before packing all the books into her baby blue back pack. She shoved all the pens in before taking out her headphones and plugging them into her phone.

Quickly ignoring two of Peters messages, Athena opened the music app and started to scroll through her playlist. Finally deciding on a 'the 1975' song, Athena plugged the buds into her ears before pulling the bag straps over her shoulders and walking out of the café.

She looked down at her phone and looked at Peters message.

Peter Parker
Are you gonna go to Tori's party tomorrow night?

Thea
I don't know, I'm kinda busy.

Peter Parker
It will be fun, trust me.

Thea
Wow, Peter Parker actually wants to go to a party? That's odd.

Peter Parker
Again, more confident over text.
I'll probably back out.

Thea
If I decide to go, you're definitely going.

Peter Parker
Are you saying you'll go?

Thea
Maybe.

Athena cursed to herself when she felt herself bump into someone and drop her phone. She looked up and saw the last person she wanted to see; Liz Allen and her blonde friend.

"Watch where you're going, Theodora." She spat before pushing past Athena, knocking her shoulder.

Her friend followed behind, sending Athena a glare as she did so.

Athena did her best to hold back her crippling anger, the only thing she showed was a tight smirk on her face.

She bent down and picked up her phone before looking back at Liz.

"Bitch."

—————