it was a mistake (angst)

No, no, no, NO, NO. This can't be happening, why me, why is it always me. This is a mistake, and accident, it's probably wrong. The stick is probably poorly made or broken.

You sat on the floor of your bathroom in nothing but a robe, tears streaming down your face, not from happiness or excitement. But with grief, and anguish...regret. You were pregnant and not with your boyfriends baby, with his best friends.

You and Shane had been dating for about 4 years and he proposed about 6 months ago. Lately he and you had been discussing wedding plans, and...children. You didn't want any but Shane did, you both had been kinda stressed with planning that neither of you had "personal" time together and you were feeling kinda lonely. Which brings us to where we are now.

Shane went out last night and hadn't been back, it was noon or 12 pm during the day. So not wanting to be alone you called Ryan over to just like hang out and talk, maybe have a drink or two. Turns out 2 turned into 4 give or take a few, and we'll you we're both pretty hammered and one thing lead to another you both were in the same bed, naked, and now you're pregnant with Ryan's baby. What were you going to tell Shane?

Would he leave you?

Yell at you?

Kick you out?

Break off the engagement and never speak to you again?

You had to tell him but you just couldn't bring yourself to do it. You had to find ryan and tell him first, after all it was his baby. You got up off your bathroom floor stuck the stick in the pocket of your robe and went to find Ryan. You found him in a pair of sweats from the night before and no shirt. You felt guilty but you stopped in your tracks and took in the sight of his toned chest and nicely sculpted arms.

Your mind flashed back to last night tears started to prick at the corner of your eyes, and your face flushed at the same time. You were torn and mentally exhausted. You needed to tell him. Tell the both of them.

You walked into your room and put on some real clothes putting the stick in the pocket of your pants/shorts and made your way to the kitchen for some coffee and something to eat. Had to eat for two now. Ryan heard the patter of your feet and looked up at you, you looked back and you both flushed and went to speak but you both spit words at the same time.

"You go first"

"No you go-"

"(Y/n) you first"

You sighed and felt a tear slip down from your eye. You looked back at him with tears eyes, and wobbly lip. You let out a sob and it shocked Ryan. But not to much he knew only half the reason you were crying. He walked over to you and wrapped his arms, the guilt hit you like a truck. The longer you thought about what you did to yourself, and Ryan...and Shane. Ryan doesn't need this drama in his life. And Shane... he doesn't deserve this betrayal, and done behind his back at that. And yourself...if anything everything you did was your fault and you deserved to be ignored, have Shane break off the engagement, and Ryan not talk to you.

You thought you were better off alone, to raise this baby on your own. You were going to keep this baby, mistake or not, whether you wanted to be a mom or not. You were going to give this baby a good life. Fatherless or not. You pushed yourself out of Ryan's arms, you wiped your eyes and sniffled.

"You should probably get a shirt on before Shane comes back...if he comes back"

"Oh yeah. He'll come back (y/n) I promise everything will be ok"

You gave a dry laugh and shook your head. Sniffling once again you lifted you head to look at him, taking the stick out of your pocket putting it in his palm and closing his fingers over it. He looked at you with confusion you left he standing in the kitchen with the stick in hand, and shirtless.