Shane- but none shine as bright

So believe it or not most of my chapters come from prompts and sh*t so I feel like starting with this one I'll include the prompt before the actual chapter starts that way if you guys want to write it too you can. Sometimes the prompts don't match the chapter exactly, but it provides some inspiration.

————————————————————————————

The night air sent chills down your spine and goosebumps littered your arms, even in your sweat pants and hoodie it wasn't enough to keep the warmth of your body. The drink in your palms had long gotten cold and no longer had tiny wisps of steam floating from the top.

You leaned over the railing of your balcony taking in the sights, the smells, and the sounds. Living in LA was a great experience for you, but it was overwhelming and sometimes you wished you could just get away from it all.

You turned your gaze to the ebony sky, cluttered with tiny specks of ivory. The stars. As a kid the stars and space period just intrigued you, it basically intrigued everyone on the planet. For you it was just different, it had a different meaning to you. As a child your family would go camping and late at night would just look at the stars, most of your memories were with your family under that stars.

Living in a city full of lights, constant noise, and people flooding in and out of places made it very difficult to Stargaze. you trained your eyes, trying to focus on the shimmering spots in the sky. You hadn't even noticed Shane in his pajama pants and sweatshirt walk over and stand next to you. The wind whipping the the strands of your hair.

You both sat in silence before he decided to break it and speak.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"No" you shook your head

"Wanna talk about why?"

"Not really no" you slowly shook your head again.

You both fell into another short period of silence. You spoke, staring out at the city watching the cars zoom by each other, and drunk people walk out of a bar across the street.

"Shane, what do you think of the stars? I think they're beautiful just sitting up there making galaxies, and being so interesting"

He sucked in a breath and released it in a long sigh. He sat in one of the chairs behind him and kicked his feet up onto the railing.

"I think... I think that they are just big balls of gas that sit in the sky"

You scoffed, shook your head and looked at the railing. After 3 seconds of looking at the railing you lifted your head, and turned your body so the right side was leaning on the railing and your left leg was kicked out.

"You know what Shane, If you're just gonna ruin this then just-"

"And yet none of them are big enough to hold all of my love and affection for you"

You stopped, your whole body stopped including your brain. It took a few second to process what he said, but when it finally took in his words your cheeks turned a deep crimson.

"Oh.." your voice broke a little bit you smiled and looked down at the ground. Shane smiled at your bashful demeanor, he took his feet of the railing and placed them on the ground.

"C'mere" he used his hand to motion you towards him. He pat his lap, you walked over and placed your legs on either side of him and sat in his lap so you were facing him. Once comfortable you wrapped your arms around the sides of his chest and the back of the chair.

He put his hand on your head and placed your it into the crook of his shoulder, he put head on yours and held you close. The heat radiating off of his body slowly made you feel warmer. You closed your eyes and spoke to him again.

"I used to camp with my family, when it got late at night we'd lay blankets out on the grass and just stargaze. My siblings and I would make competitions to see who could find the most constellations"

Shane didn't speak, he waited for you to finish. He knew that talking about your family was a hard thing for you.

"Most of my childhood was spent with my family at a camp site of some sort. Swimming, fishing, making s'mores...stargazing"

He placed a long kiss to your hair and waited for you to continue.

"It's been so long since I've been camping, since I've seen the stars without all the lights and the constant noise. Sometimes I just miss it, sometimes I just miss being a kid y'know?"

He nodded his head and still didn't speak. He didn't speak because he had come to a conclusion, and a plan some sort to go with it. He was going to marry you, the girl of his dreams and he knew just how to do it. He was going to take you camping and propose under the stars, under one of the things you loved most. Candles, soft blankets, snacks, the whole shebang.

He wanted to spend the rest of his life with you, he knew that from the very start. He wanted to spend the rest of his days with you, maybe start a family. He wanted to come home and see you everyday, he wanted to sit in a rocking chair on the porch with you and rock in silence as the tow of you grew older. He wanted to die with his wife, the love of his life, his whole world by his side.

He just wanted to be near you, with you, and he didn't want to spend his life with anyone else.

That was longer than it was meant to be, it was just me basically drawing it out so I didn't give y'all such a short chapter. I asked my sister what I should write and she said fluffy so here it is.

But whatever comment, vote, follow I don't care I'm not your boss ✌🏻