Why Don't We Just Dance

Summary: You have been bored all day, after cleaning the house and getting all the shopping done. You were waiting for your Old Man Happy to get home, you surprised with Josh Turner's " Why Don't We Just Dance."

Shelly's POV

I was bored, I cleaned the house, did the shopping for the week, and had lunch with Gemma. I was wanting my Old Man Happy to come home from work. I had met him a year ago at TM because my car had broke down, we hit it off and a couple of months later he asked me to be his Old Lady. Now some people would ask why I would commit to him only knowing him a couple of months and I said when he kissed me for the first time my toes curled, and my Mama always told me if a man can make your toes curl then go for it.

I did and I never looked back, I beat down any woman who tried to touch my man or come between us. That earned my place with Gemma, she was impressed with me. She thought I didn't have the balls to stand up to anyone, because I seemed too quiet. Too shy, to timid, but I told her it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. She was right, only standing Five foot two and weighing about a buck eighty five I didn't seem like I could do much, the women underestimated me.

Happy was turned on the first time I ever stood up to a Croweater. We were in the Clubhouse enjoying a drink after a long day at work, I worked at the local diner and we had been swamped. I met up with him that night and we were just talking and this bitch thought she could sit on my mans lap because I got up to get us another drink. Boy was she in for a surprise, well they all were.

" Hey bitch, get your skanky ass off my man."
" Make me bitch." She popped her gum, and I cracked my neck. Popped my knuckles and grabbed her by her hair and flung her to the floor and started to beat her ass.

" Leave my man alone, you skanky ass bitch. He's mine and mine only. Get it through your thick skull."

Next thing I know I am being lifted up and carried away, I kicked whoever had me. Only to find out it was Happy, and he took me to our room.

" Baby I am so sorry that I kicked you, I didn't know who had me."
" It's ok Little Girl, proud of you standing up and defending your place. Get my Crow?"

I did and never regretted it, I wore it on my chest with pride. I loved him so much and he loved me, he proved it to me everyday. Little drawings here and there, my favorite candy he would get me if he was leaving for a run. When he came back I got a piece of jewelry from wherever he went, I told him he didn't have to but he insisted he treat me right.

He did, introduce me to his mom, which was a big deal. She was so sweet and was impressed by me. Told me Happy never brought women around, told me to call her Ma and told me I could always come by without Happy and I did. We would shop if she was up to it, have lunch or if she wasn't we had lunch at her house and hang out in her garden. She was a truly amazing women.

Happy had been a this run for a week which was unusual but he said that the hit a snag and had to be gone longer. I asked him if he wanted me to meet him at the Clubhouse, he said no because they all were coming straight home and will gave Church in the morning.

As I was sitting in the living room I heard his bike pull up, so I smirked and turned on music. Josh Tuner's " Why Don't We Just Dance" came on as he walked in the door.

I walked up to him and put my arms around his waist and we danced, just like in the song we moved the table and we danced up and down the hall. I felt like I was floating on air, he might be the Tacoma Killer to the Club but he was a softie when it came to me. Then a slow song came on and it was the song we played at our wedding a few months back and I smiled at the memory of that night.

It was in Gemma's backyard and his Mom was there. Just SAMCRO was in attendance and the Chief of Police Wayne because he was like a dad to me and he gave me away. Told Happy not to break my heart, he will kill him. Joking of course but non the less a warning.

" Why are you smiling Little Girl?"
" Just thinking about our wedding night and Wayne threatening you."
" Yeah, but I believe he would kill me over you, he always thought of you as a daughter."
" That he does, I love you Happy."
" I love you too."

We finished dancing and we ate dinner. Then went to our room and watched tv, it was the little things he did to make me happy. I did not need fancy dinner or him sending me flowers to prove his love. I was happy laying in bed with my man and I was content. He was playing with my hair and he knew that was my weakness, because I was out like a light.

He kissed the top of my head and I curled into him and he thought he was the most luckiest man in the world, he had a women who loved both the Club Enforcer and just Happy Lowman. She knew he would never lay a hand on her, he die before that would ever happen.

He was content with his life with his women by his side.